Irmo Elementary Family Updates
#HeartoftheHive May 30-June 3
A Note From Your Principal
Dear IES Families,
With the recent tragedy in Texas, as well as the district email sent this week acknowledging safety as a top priority in D5, I wanted to personally share just a few of the safety measures in place specifically at Irmo Elementary. Safety as the priority is on my mind constantly as the principal of IES and we consistently work as a team to ensure that we put strategies into action at IES.
1. We have an SRO on location.
2. We have all exterior doors locked at all times with only ID pass entry as well as locked interior doors at all times to classrooms.
3. Every homeroom teacher has individual walkie access to quickly communicate (formerly this was one per grade level) for anyone seen on campus that looks suspicious, is unknown OR any other concerns. We are adding walkies for all special areas and the media center for 22-23 as an additional layer.
4. We implement consistent safety drills such as lockdown and lockout drills.
5. We maintain a defined process that requires visitors to check-in.
6. We have an IES School Safety Team that consistently meets to discuss any known concerns as well as proactively plan for the unknowns to continue to make our campus even more safe with actionable strategies.
Please know that safety is the very top priority at IES. I appreciate your consistent support of this as our families as well.
5/30 Memorial Day Holiday
5/31 3rd grade music program 6:00 pm
6/1 5th Grade Performance 6 pm (strings and chorus)
6/2 5th Grade Tunnel of Love, Recognition/Graduation (Auditorium), Reception 8:00 am
6/3 Last Day for Students/Half Day 10:40 am Dismissal
2022 Senior Walk for Our Former Bees
Notes from the Nurse
All IHP's for the 2022-2023 school year have gone home with your students. Those students who take daily medication at school or have emergency rescue medications, be on the lookout for your students updated IHP in their backpack. Please place this in a safe spot and take to your pediatrician before the start of the 2022-2023 school year.
ALL medication must be picked up from the IES Health Room by Friday, June 3rd at 12:00pm
Any medication left at school after this date must be destroyed per district and DHEC guidelines.
Now Accepting Proof of Residency for the 22-23 School Year
It's that time - we are now accepting Proof of Residency for the 22-23 school year. Proof of Residency is required each year for all students. Here's what is needed:
Acceptable documentation include: (One of these is required)
- Property Tax Bill for the permanent residence
- Rental Lease (complete copy, listing all occupants)
- Real Estate Closing Documents (where applicable)
- Mortgage Statement
Other acceptable documents (Two of these are required):
- Vehicle Tax Registration
- Voter Registration Card
- Electric Bill
- Water Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Cable/Satellite Bill
In order to streamline the process and make it easier for parents, you will be able to submit your Proofs online using the link below. If you have trouble with the form, you may email your documents to Kim Weber at KWeber@lexrich5.org.
If you have any questions, please call the IES office at 476-4200
Elementary and Intermediate School Early Release Days 2022-2023
Thursday, September 22, 2022
Wednesday, October 26, 2022
Thursday, January 12, 2023
Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Thursday, April 27, 2023