Wilson MS Student Bulletin
Week of March 21, 2023
This Week's Schedule
Please plan to arrive no earlier than 8:10am on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Plan to arrive no earlier than 9:10am on Wednesdays.
This week's schedule:
Monday: No School-Staff Development Day
Tuesday: School starts at 8:30am - Periods 1, 3, 5, 7
Wednesday: School starts at 9:28am - Periods 1, 2, 4, 6
Thursday: School starts at 8:30am - Periods 1, 2, 4, 6
Friday: School starts at 8:30am - Periods 1, 3, 5, 7
Be sure to follow us on Instagram @WMSKnights
Have a great week!
8th Grade Promotion Picture Day!
Clubs are Meeting!
Game club-Lunch, room 1114
Fashion Club-Lunch, room 2202
Chess Club-Lunch, room 2103
Cooking Club-Lunch, room 1222
Green Knight-Lunch, room 2109
WE/CJSF-Lunch, room 2113
Hair braiding club-Lunch, 4101
Sew Crafty Club-Lunch, room 1107
Lego Knights Club-Lunch, room 1225
Wilson Writing Club-Lunch, Library
eSports and 3-D printing Club-Lunch, room 3105
Armenian Club-Lunch, room 2206
Rubik’s Cube Club-Lunch, room 1208
Web Development Club-Lunch, room 3105
Swifties United-Lunch, room 4104
- MESA-Lunch, room 1235
- ABCD-Lunch, room 2203
Space Club-8:00 tomorrow, room 1230
- Drama Club-Lunch, room 4101
Stranger Things Club-Lunch, room 1222
LatinX Club-Lunch, room 2111
Tropical Club-Lunch, room 2113
Digital Citizenship Tip of the Week!
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends all screens be turned off at least 30 minutes before bedtime. It is also recommended that phones be put away, out of arm's reach during sleep time.
Screen time right before bed and heavy screen time throughout the day can lead to problems with sleep.
Chromebook Tip of the Week!
Liquids and food should not be used/consumed in the vicinity of the Chromebook. Be sure to leave your Chromebook in its case in your classroom during snack and lunch.
Visit the Wilson Student Help Corner Website where you can find video tutorials answering your frequently asked questions about apps used in your classrooms. We also have tutorials in Armenian and Spanish.
Google Slides Tutorial (Armenian)
Google Classroom Tutorial (Armenian)
Google Docs Tutorial (Armenian)
Google Slides Tutorial (Spanish)
Google Classroom Tutorial (Spanish)
Do you need help? Go to: Tutor.com/wilson
Go to tutor.com/wilson to log on.
Every Tutor.com session is personalized to meet the needs of the student, from remedial to advanced levels. It focuses on conceptual learning and critical thinking—not just quick answers.
Wherever students have online access, they can connect to a tutor using any computer or mobile device. Tutors assist students with specific homework problems but can also help with concept review, writing assignments, test prep, and more.
Go to: tutor.com/wilson
Username: student email
Password: 6-digit ID number.
Expectations for success
- Don't walk through the staff parking lot
- Stay in the designated areas (Gauntlet, Tripidome, lunch benches, field) during snack and lunch
- Wash your hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer
- Follow directions
- Stay home if you're sick
- Bring your own water bottle
- Be at school every day
- Be on time
- Call the office if you are absent
- Bring your Chromebook fully charged and in its case
- Phones are Silent and put away on campus
- If we see it, it will be confiscated!
Keep Wilson Clean!
- Put your trash in the garbage can
- Keep food outside
- Keep our bathrooms clean
- Shorts/Skirts must be mid-thigh length
- Hats/hoods outside only
- No excessively ripped jeans
- Stomach, back and underwear shouldn't show
- Closed toe and closed heel shoes only-NO SANDALS OR CROCS!
If you see something, say something!
It’s Never Wrong To Do the Right Thing
It’s Never Wrong
to do the right thing
And every morning
we’re gonna sing.
With love, don’t you know,
You’re gonna reap just what you sow*.
It’s Never Wrong
to do the right thing
*You reap what you sow is a proverb that says future consequences are inevitably shaped by
Good Knight Tickets and PBIS Rewards
- Go to your Clever Account
- Click on the PBIS App
- Go to the Wilson School Store
- Browse the exciting choices and select your item(s)
- Go to the PBIS/ASB Store at room 2115 (Bottom floor of the 2000 building near the basketball courts) and tell the clerk you ID number to pick up your reward!
Email or see Mrs. Sondergaard if you have any questions. LSondergaard@gusd.net
Do you need to talk to your counselors, assistant principals, or principal?
Teacher Specialist - Ms. Nare Hakobyan - email@example.com
Last Name A-K:
Assistant Principal, Ms. Lise Sondergaard - firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor, Ms. Margarita Gasparyan - email@example.com
Last Name L-Z:
Assistant Principal, Mr. Cay Ledesma - firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor, Ms. Sarah Veliz - Sarahveliz@gusd.net
Principal - Dr. Narek Kassabian - email@example.com
Wilson Middle School
- Official IG: @wmsKnights
- Art: @artwilsonmiddleschool
- Associated Student Body (ASB): @wilson_asb
- Cheer: @_wmsheer
- Culinary Program: @wms.culinary
- Tech Team: @wilsontechteam