Charles Ellis Montessori Academy, April 26, 2021
PTA Officers for 2021-2023
Co-Presidents: Kellie Groover & Emily Salzer
Co-Vice Presidents: Yael Elfassy & Amanda Fanelli
Secretary: Dionne McAffee (2nd Term)
Treasurer: Melanie Finnegan
We want to extend a huge THANK YOU to those who served on the PTA Board for the last two years. Your service to Ellis has been invaluable and appreciated!
Arts Enrichment –VACANCY
Bobcat Dads – Sean Finnegan
Campus Beautification – Jeni Brady
Communications – Sarah Smith
Cultural Diversity – Beverly Johnson
Health & Wellness – Mary Britton Senseney & Sarah Hartley
Membership – Lori Wynn
Parent Advisory – Kelly Pack & Erin Roma
School Safety – Christy Caughran
Science Enrichment – Jennifer Bailey & Lauren Wills
Special Events -- VACANCY
Teacher/Staff Appreciation – Yvette Upton
Teacher Liaison – Lisa O’Donnell
If you are interested in joining or chairing a committee, you can contact Melanie Finnegan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next PTA meeting: August 2021
Savannah Bananas Tickets
It is not too late to purchase your Savannah Bananas tickets to support the Ellis PTA!
When: Friday, May 28th, 2021
What: Savannah Bananas game admission with unlimited hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, popcorn, cookies, soda, and water
How Much: $18 (Kids 3 and Under are free!)
Join the fun as the Savannah Bananas take on the Lexington County Blowfish! Order your all-inclusive tickets online and pick up at the game.
Gates open at 5:30pm and the game starts at 7pm.
A portion of each ticket sold at the link below will be donated to the Ellis PTA. Tickets are limited, so order today!
Order your tickets here: https://ellispta.memberhub.store/store
GMAS Testing (3rd-8th Grades) continues this week for students in the building.
Visit the "GMAS Testing Information" page on the Ellis website for more information including a schedule of the testing dates.
Share these general test day preparation tips with your students:
- Get a good night's sleep (Avoid using tech devices before going to bed).
- Pack everything you may need ahead of time (earbuds, mouse, pencil, scratch paper, snacks, etc.).
- Eat a healthy, filling breakfast (school breakfast is still FREE for all students).
- Stay calm (utilize deep breathing techniques).
- Be positive and do your best!
School Council Nominations Extended!
If you are interested in joining School Council, please fill out the nomination form.
You can contact Sarah Smith by email (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Also, you may read the minutes of the School Council meetings on the Ellis website.
This week in Upper Elementary explorations, students have been hearing from STEAM pathway career speakers. So far we have learned from a digital media editor, a trainer for astronauts, and an interior designer. Next week, we can't wait to host an illustrator for our STEAM Digital Talk!
If you or someone you know is in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math field and would be interested in speaking for a few minutes to our Upper Elementary students, please let Ms. Rebecca know. We'd love to hear from you!
Ms. Rebecca Needs Your Help:
In planning for the future of our Ellis School Counseling Program to meet the needs of all students, please take a few moments to fill out this brief survey.
Your input helps to better serve students! Thanks for your support!
Ms. Rebecca, School Counselor
or you can message me on ItsLearning
School-Wide Grace & Courtesy Focus
The Language for Identifying/Naming the Qualities of Courage from the "Self- Awakened Child" series by Jonathan Wolff:
- When I make a mistake and I tell the truth about what I did, I am acting with Courage.
- When I keep trying to learn something that is hard or scary for me to do, I am acting with Courage.
- When I try a new food or talk to a child in class I did not know before, I am acting with Courage.
Ellis "Pop Up" Spring Art Show
Calling all artists PK-8th Grade!
We are anticipating a pop up art event and would love to have student art submissions for the show!
There are three choices for dropping off artwork:
- Drive by Art Bin- on the Ellis front porch, drop off 8am-2pm
- Mail- Charles Ellis Montessori Academy
220 E. 49th Street
Savannah, GA 31405
Attention: Ms. Tiia
- Drop it in the basket- outside the Art Room. For students attending school in-person only.
**Please be sure to put name, grade, and teacher name on the back of the work.
E-mail any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Date:
Ellis “Pop Up” Spring Art Show
May 13, 4-6pm
Charles Ellis Front Lawn-Drive By
EmbRACE Summer Learning
Visit the SCCPSS website for more information.
Hybrid Learning Reminders
- Please place the name of your student(s) on the passenger side dashboard for morning arrival and afternoon dismissal.
- All vehicle occupants should wear masks at arrival and dismissal.
- The arrival COVID-19 assessment is on 48th Street from 7:15a.m.-7:45a.m. If you arrive later, you will need to walk your student(s) up to the front door to sign the tardy sheet and place the wrist band on your student(s) after COVID-19 assessment.
- Dismissal for car riders. Cars must travel westward from Reynolds to Habersham. Battey Avenue will not be used as an access route.
- Items cannot be dropped-off for students.
- All students returning to our school building are required to have the COVID-19 Screening Questions for Students completed and submitted by you each morning on the days they are reporting to the building.
Please use this link or the QR Code below and save this for easy accessibility each day. Siblings can be placed on one questionnaire.
Ms. Ja'Dayia Coleman-Kennedy
Information Specialist Clerk
Ms. Lucy Holloway
Ms. Patricia Solomon-Brown
Library Media Technology Specialist
PTA Teacher Liaison
Ms. Lisa O'Donnell