Family Newsletter October 4, 2023
¿Necesita traducción? Haga clic en el enlace "Translate" en la parte superior de este boletín y seleccione su idioma.
Bạn có cần dịch không? Nhấp vào liên kết "Translate" trên đầu bản tin này và chọn ngôn ngữ của bạn.
Вам нужен перевод? Нажмите на ссылку «Translate» в верхней части этого информационного бюллетеня и выберите свой язык.
Late Start - 2 Hr Delay
PPS has added two late start dates for all Middle School students this year, and these were not originally reflected on the PPS 23-24 District calendar for your planning.
Buses will also be 2-HR late.
As a reminder, PPS Middle Schools recently adopted some new Advisory curriculum. In order to best prepare Middle School staff for Advisory Programs, PPS has identified two dates for additional professional learning and would like to make you aware for your planning purposes.
*Fall 2-hour Late Opening TODAY:
The Fall 2-hour Late Opening will be on Wednesday, October 4th.
*Winter 2-hour Late Opening:
The Winter 2-hour Late Opening will be on Thursday, January 25th.
As a Middle School, our 6th-8th Grade Educators will have Professional Development in the morning, focused on the implementation of the new Advisory curriculum, and all students will have a two hour late start on October 4th and January 25th. School doors will open at 11:00 AM, and 1st Period will begin at 11:15 AM.
Hi Kellogg families. SUN wants to invite your students to stay after school this fall term. It is not too late to sign up, there is still plenty of space!
At SUN, we have Girls Inc, Electronic Music, Board Games, Python Coding, Chemistry, Soccer, and Theater Games! SUN meets in the cafeteria at 3:45pm Monday-Friday. You don’t want to miss out!
Parents and staff,
This October, SUN is bringing Zumba and Art Therapy Open Studio for parents and adults! Stay tuned for more information about dates and times.
SUN Manager: Mayra Chavez email@example.com 503-970-6753
Thank you for any support you can provide.
Expectations for the dance:
- Date & Time? 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Don't be late for pick-up!)
- Location? Kellogg Cafeteria - Enter through the front doors of the school by alpha. A-M main doors M-Z Music Doors
- Attire? Anything that is school appropriate!
- Activities? Photo booth, DJ and fun!
- Food? Food will not be served, so eat before you arrive!
- Chaperones? Yes! There will be many parent chaperones, plus a School Administrator and our Campus Safety Associate.
Please review the following rules with your scholar before they arrive:
- All school rules apply during the dance: Be Safe, Be Respectful and Be Responsible.
- No backpacks will be allowed in the dance.
- Once students enter they cannot leave the dance until 7:00pm
- Students will not have the ability to access lockers during the dance.
- Please be patient and do not rush the entry! We need to check everyone in.
- Students may only leave the dance at the conclusion of the dance at 7:00 pm.
- Dance re-entry is prohibited.
- Students must follow directions from all adults.
- Outside food and drink are not permitted at the dance.
- Locker rooms and bathrooms are not available for wardrobe changes before/during the dance.
- Students who cannot follow school expectations will be removed, and parents/guardians will be asked to come pick them up early.
Winter Sports Registration is now open! PIL Franklin youth girls’ and boys’ basketball and wrestling are offered for the winter season. Boys’ basketball tryouts are November 4th-5th and girls’ basketball tryouts are November 3rd-5th at Franklin High School.
Wrestling start date is November 7th from 5:30-7 pm at the Franklin HS Mat Room
Your student-athlete must be registered on FamilyID with an up to date sports physical prior to tryouts/participation
For more information please email Erin Brunton at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on: https://www.familyid.com/franklin-youth-sports-registration
Kellogg Family and Student Guide - Highlight
Every week we will highlight a different section of the guidebook so you get familiar with the content/expectations that are shared with our families.
Bullying and Harassment
Please do not hesitate to reach out to administration via phone or email or SafeOregon if you need to report unsafe or concerning behavior. SafeOregon is a program created for Oregon students, parents, school staff, community members and law enforcement officers to report and respond to student safety threats. Website address: https://www.safeoregon.com/
Volunteers Needed for the PPS Clothing Closet
- Please sign up here for a 2 hour shift or 4 hours if you can do the whole thing.
Dine Outs! Mark your calendars.
- October 13th - - 8am-3pm - - Fried Egg I’m In LoveThey donate a whopping 15% of sales! 3549 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Good thing there is no school that day and you can spend all day there!
- October 24th MOD Pizza Everyone loves pizza night!Kellogg Bottle Drop pre-labeled bags can be picked up at the front office. When your bag is full you can drop it at any bottle drop participating location.
PTSA General Meeting is in person at Kellogg on Oct 4 at 6:30pm.
Oct 4 - PTSA General Meeting at Kellogg - 6:30pm
Oct 12 - Clothing Center Volunteers needed at Marshall
Oct 13 - Dine Out at Fried Egg I’m In Love
Oct 24 - Dine Out MOD Pizza
Please contact us at email@example.com with questions or suggestions. Thank you for the emails so far! Keep them coming.
Subscribe to the Franklin Post!
Our school feeds into Franklin High School and one of the many programs available to students at Franklin is the chance to write on their award-winning newspaper, the Franklin Post! The Post is a 20-page paper put out 7 times a year and is written and edited by Franklin students. If you’d be interested in subscribing, please click on the link below, which will take you to a School Pay checkout!
Multnomah County’s School and Community Oral Health Program is offering Free sealants and dental screening. A dental screening is a quick look inside your child’s mouth to check the overall health of their teeth, and sealants will be placed if needed.
This service is available for students in 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, and 8th grades.
What questions do you have? Please call us at 503-988-3905.
To use this FREE service please fill out the electronic permission slip at this link:
Electronic Permission Form English
El programa de salud oral escolar y comunitaria del condado de Multnomah ofrece selladores y exámenes dentales gratuitos. Una revisión dental es un vistazo rápido dentro de la boca de su hijo/a para revisar la salud general de los dientes y se les aplicará los selladores.
Este servicio está disponible para estudiantes de segundo, tercero, sexto, séptimo y octavo grado.
¿Necesitas ayuda? ¿Tiene preguntas? Llámenos al 503-988-3905
Para usar este servicio gratis, complete este permiso electrónico:
Школьная и общественная программа здоровья ротовой полости округа Малтнома предлагает бесплатные стоматологический осмотр и герметики. Стоматологический осмотр — это быстрый осмотр полости рта вашего ребенка, чтобы проверить общее состояние его зубов, и при необходимости на зубов нанести герметики.
Эта услуга доступна для учащихся 2-го, 3-го, 6-го, 7-го и 8-го классов.
Какие вопросы у вас есть? Пожалуйста, позвоните нам по телефону 503-988-3905.
Чтобы воспользоваться этой бесплатной услугой, пожалуйста, заполните электронное разрешение по этой ссылке:
Friday, September 29th - 6th Grade Outdoor School student Pick Up
Tuesday, September 26th - School Picture Day
Thursday, September 28th - Progress Reports sent home
- Wednesday, October 4th - Late Start for SEL curriculum professional development
Wednesday, October 11th - Coffee with the Principal
Thursday October 12th - School Dance
- Friday, October 13th - No School (Statewide Inservice Day)
6th Grade A-L
6th Grade M-Z