Alchemist Pre Reading
Famous Alchemists Include
- Zosimus- an Egyptian born Greek alchemist who believed that all substances are composed of the four elements of nature - Fire, Water, Air and Earth.
- Geber- an Arabian alchemist who lived in what we now know as Iraq. This guy is responsible for giving us the word 'gibberish', due to his name.
- Albertus Magnus- a German monk and practicing alchemist.
- Paracelsus- Swiss born, believed in spiritual alchemy. He believed the purpose of alchemy was not to change forms of metal, but to cure diseases.
- Isaac Newton-One of the last well known alchemists.
Melchizedek and his role in the Old Testament
Melchizedek is the king of Salem, and a high priest, who blesses Abraham after he rescues his nephew Lot from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham gives him one tenth of his wealth.
The Soul of the World
The Soul of the World is something which comes up repeatedly in different text, the Soul of the World is sometimes equated a God. A type of spiritual force that binds everyone together, runs all things, and speaks with us in the language of signs or omens.
Bedouins of the Sahara
Most Bedouins are animal herders. They migrate into the desert during the rainy winter season, and move back in the dry summer months. The head of the family, as well as of each successively larger social unit making up the tribal structure, is called sheikh. They are assisted by an informal tribal council of strictly male elders.