Ludwig Van Beethoven
Pictue of Beethoven
Beethoven was a composer from the age of 28 when he wrote his fist symphony. He had many popular Symphony such as 3,5,6, and 9 being his most popular called Choral which he adapted from "Ode to Joy". As you can see in the photo he doesn't look like he is very happy, reason being he had Temper problems. He was said to throw hot food at a waiter, he swept candles off a piano during bad performances; he may have it a choirboy.
Map of Vienna
Map of Vienna
Vienna / Map / 1802. Fine Art. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 14 Oct 2015.
Picture of Beethoven
BEETHOVEN Ludwig van Ludwig.. Photograph. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 14 Oct 2015.
Video of Symphony 9
Kirkman, Michael. "Symphony No. 9 ~ Beethoven." Youtube. An American Composer,
22 Dec. 2010. Web. 14 Oct. 2015. <https://youtu.be/t3217H8JppI>.
Symphony 9 (most famous symphony)
List of Known peices
Other Interesting Facts
- Beethoven often dipped his head in cold water before composing!
- Beethoven loved cooking, so much so that he named one of his pieces "Christ! On the Mount of Olives"
- He was jealous that Rimsky-Korsakov wrote an opera called "Mozart and Salieri" instead of "Mozart and Beethoven"
- He designed one of his piano sonatas to be played with building implements and called it the "Hammer-Klavier Sonata"
- He wrote another of his sonatas entirely at night and so called it the "Moonlight Sonata"
- Beethoven's father was an alcoholic and emotionally abusive to Beethoven when Beethoven was growing up
- Beethoven's height was 5' 3"
- Beethoven had unusually bad skin