St Bernadette's Primary School
NEWSLETTER | TERM 2 | WEEK 0 | 25 April 2022
Message from Geordie
Dear St Bernie’s Families,
I hope you have had a fun, safe and blessed Easter with your family and are refreshed and ready for all Term 2 has in store for us.
As outlined below, some of the restrictions have been eased over the holidays and this is likely to continue over the course of the term. Parents are welcome on site, in our office and can arrange face to face meetings with teachers before and after school. We still ask parents not to enter the blocks or classrooms to avoid overcrowding and that parents (and students from Year 3 - 6) continue to wear a mask while at school.
The Premier announced on 13 April 2022 that the Western Australian close contact definition will now align with the National Cabinet’s definition.
This means that a close contact is now defined as:
- a family or household member of a person with COVID-19 who has had contact with them during their infectious period;
- someone who has had close interaction with a person with COVID-19 during their infectious period, where they spent more than 4 hours with them in a single day, in a residential setting, including a boarding facility, where masks have not been worn; or someone who is directed by WA Health that they are a close contact.
Schools are no longer considered close contact venues. A child who attends class with a peer who later tests positive to COVID-19 will no longer be identified as a close contact.
Any child who becomes symptomatic should stay home and be tested for COVID-19. Please continue to refer to healthywa.wa.gov.au for information on close contact definitions, testing and isolation requirements.
Any positive COVID-19 result should be reported on the school’s COVID-19 Self-Reporting Portal and positive COVID-19 RAT results must also be reported on the WA Health RAT Register, as is required by the WA Government.
The easing of restrictions has meant some of our school activities can resume this term, including school camps and assemblies for individual year groups. We will provide more information on the requirements and additional COVID-19 considerations for each activity as they arise on the school calendar.
We are looking forward to a vibrant and exciting Term 2.
New Close Contact Definitions
Updating your records
Please ensure that if anything changes or requires updating, you let the office know. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Term 2 starts again on Wednesday 27 April 2022
Mother's Day - Save the Date: 6 May 2022
More information to follow.
Things to look out for next term
- First day of Term 2 - Wednesday 27 April 2022
- Anzac Service - Wednesday 27 April 2022 - 2.20 pm
- Reconciliation Sacrament - Thursday 28 April 2022
- Reconciliation Celebration Mass - Saturday 30 April 2022 - 6.00pm - 7.00pm
- Reconciliation Celebration Mass - Sunday 1 May 2022 - 9.00am - 10.00am
Parent Handbook 2022
School Term Dates 2022
Term 2 Wednesday 27/04/2022 - Friday 01/07/2022
Term 3 Tuesday 19/07/2022 - Thursday 23/9/2022
Term 4 Monday 10/10/2022 - Friday 09/12/2022
Live Calendar 2022
Pupil Free Dates 2022