Human Modification on Oceans
Run Off .
- is the flow of water that occurs when excess storm water, melt water, or other sources flows over the earths surface .
example : midwest flooding .
- the june 2008 midwestern united states floods were flooding events which effected portions of the midwest united states .
- june 7- july 1
- human-made underwater structure, typically built to promote marine life in areas with a generally featureless bottom, to control erosion, block ship passage, or improve surfing.
- example: Figures are seen in underwater sculpture installation "The Silent Evolution" by British artist Jason de Caires Taylor between Cancun and Isla Mujeres December 11, 2010. Taylor used "life casts" made from materials that encourage coral growth to build the installation on the sea bed off the coast of Cancun.
oil spills .
An oil spill is the release of a liquid petroleum hydrocarbon into the environment
example : spilling in water and making it go bad .
- The world uses more than 3.5 billion gallons each day.