PASA AC Communication - 16
June 1, 2023
Dear PASA ACs,
As the 2022-2023 school year ends, the PA Statewide Instruction and Alternate Assessment Team brings you this final PASA AC Communication for the year. It includes several important reminders. Please review these reminders and take action accordingly. Have a restful summer!
CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU
- In 2021, results from 15% of PASA DLM tests were excluded from accountability due to data errors.
- In 2022, this figure was reduced to under 8%.
- In 2023, this figure was reduced to under 2%.
This is significant improvement! We could not have done it without you. Thank you!
DOWNLOAD DATA EXTRACTS NOW - DON'T WAIT
2023 SCORE REPORT DELIVERY DATES
All testing locations will receive electronic AND printed score reports. PASA ACs will have access to 2023 electronic score reports by close of business on June 20, 2023. Printed score reports will be shipped to testing entities the week of August 4, 2023. Note the following regarding delivery of printed reports below. Please alert appropriate school personnel in advance of the delivery since staffing is limited over summer.
- Score reports will be delivered to the attention of the Special Education Administrator of school districts and charter schools at the central office address. If you are a PASA AC at a school district or charter school but NOT a special education administrator (i.e., director/supervisor of special education), please notify them and/or appropriate school personnel who will be available to sign for incoming mail deliveries.
- Score reports will be delivered to the attention of PASA ACs of all other entities.
For information on how to access electronic score reports, see Educator Portal User Guide 2022-2023, beginning on page 76. In addition, the PA DLM webpage provides many resources about scoring and reporting. After navigating to the page, go to "Resource Category" and select "Scoring and Reporting". Sample score reports, parent interpretive guides, and videos are available.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE A SERVICE PROVIDER, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBLITY TO PROVIDE SCORE REPORTS OF STUDENTS TO THE DISTRICT OF RESIDENCE.
2023-2024 PASA DLM TESTING WINDOW
The PASA DLM testing window for the 2023-2024 school year will be March 11 - May 3, 2024. A detailed PASA DLM Instruction and Assessment Calendar will be published in early summer identifying due dates for enrollment, rostering, etc. Continue to check back on the PA DLM website and PaTTAN PASA DLM Hub for this.
TRAINING TIDBITS 2023-2024
2023 PASA AC TRAINING AND RESOURCES SURVEY
Please take a moment to complete the 2023 PASA AC Training and Resources Survey. Similar to last school year, the PASA DLM Instruction and Alternate Assessment Team is again asking PASA ACs to provide their input by completing the survey at the link provided. Responses are used to shape the development of future trainings and resources.
NEW IN 2024 - REQUIRED RTAT FOR PASA ACs
Required Test Administrator Training (RTAT) is an annual training required of all test administrators. Beginning in 2024, it will also be a required training for PASA ACs. Any PASA AC who has voluntarily participated in the course previously will required to complete the refresher course only. Any PASA AC who has not participated in RTAT will be required to complete the full course. After the full training is completed, the refresher course will be required in subsequent years.
This training procedure aligns with the requirement for test coordinators of the general assessments (PSSA and Keystone Exams) to be trained annually.
STATEWIDE TRAINING ROLLOUT FOR LEAS, APS, AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS
The PATTAN in partnership with the Intermediate Units will be rolling out training to all school districts, charter schools, approved private schools, and private schools beginning next school year. The rollout will span two years and is titled "Building Capacity and Promoting Instruction through PASA DLM". Participation is best suited for teachers, PASA ACs, and administrators - especially special education administrators. Stay tuned for more information from this team and your local intermediate unit!
PLANNING A PASA AC CHANGE?
If the role of PASA AC will be changing at your school (i.e., a replacement, addition, retirement, etc.), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the details. This will assure the new PASA AC will receive important email updates, newsletters, and gain access to the Kite Educator Portal.
PARENT/GUARDIAN FEEDBACK NEEDED
PASA ACs and teachers are asked to share this invitation with parents and guardians of PASA eligible students. Click on the buttons below or download the attached invitations. PASA DLM is asking for feedback about how test results are shared with families. Participants who sign up and fully participate will receive an honorarium of $50. June 30th is the deadline to sign up.
PA ALTERNATE ASSESSMENT TEAM CONTACTS
PA DLM SERVICE DESK - email@example.com
- BSE and Policy - Ms. Lisa Hampe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- BSE and Policy - Ms. Lisa Hauswirth (email@example.com)
- Data and Research - Dr. Audrey Kappel
- State Lead - Ms. Lynda Lupp (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Central Lead - Ms. Tara Russo (email@example.com)
- East Lead - Ms. Meredith Penner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- West Lead - Dr. Kaylee Wynkoop (email@example.com)
- West Lead - Ms. Kelley DesLauries (firstname.lastname@example.org)