How to Register to Vote
- You must be an American citizen.
- In some states you have to have resided in your address for at least 30 days.
- You must be older than 18 years old.
- You cannot be serving a sentence for a felony.
- You must undo any previous registration in any other state.
Ways to Register
- First, complete a voter registration form.
- Send the form to the Board of Elections
- The voter card should take 1-2 weeks to be sent and failure to complete a required field will delay it further.
Registration Deadlines in North Carolina
- Not all states have a registration deadline.
- North Carolina has a registration deadline of 25 days prior to the election day.
Overseas and Military Citizens
Citizens overseas get special rights with voting due to them not being able to vote in-country
- If they request, they get a ballot via mail that they fill out.
- They send the ballot back to the UOCAVA.