Monday Morning Memo: ECMS
Week #12 October 19-October 23
Words of Inspiration...
TEACH, LEARN, and be GREAT this week!
5- Day Forecast
- Report Cards issued in homeroom
- Leadership meeting in the Principal's conference room at 9:30am
- Bus Drivers' Appreciation Day
- Book Fair begins
Tuesday, October 20
- TAA (see your handbook for the TAA schedule)
- CCSS Math Meeting in the media center at 4:00pm
- Boys Scouts display behind the cafeteria
Wednesday, October 21
- Honor Roll Celebration during lunch
- Department Meetings in department chair's room at 4:00pm
Thursday, October 22
- BRING a PARENT TO SCHOOL DAY (please design engaging lessons)
- Read for the Record-countywide literacy initiative
- Parent tour of ECMS at 2:00pm
- PTO meeting at 6:15pm
Friday, October 23
- Happy Friday!
- Fall Dance from 4:00pm-6:00pm
- FCA's Judgment Journey field trip at 6:00pm
To Do List/ Reminders
- ADVANCED STAFF SURVEYS: Thank you to all who have completed the staff surveys. If you have not completed the survey, please do so as soon as possible. The following link is provided for your convenience: http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/section/response/begin?surveyConfigId=463838
- Sign up for Open Enrollment at ECMS in the front office. Check out the county provided Open Enrollment Summary video at the following link: http://video214.com/play/1TY8FLM1dOcuZSH9A0vYNA/s/dark
- HOMEROOM TEACHERS: October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Please make a copy of your homeroom roster and have students initial that they have viewed the 2015-2016 cyber training video. For students who have not viewed the video, please show the video at the following link: http://www.cowetaschools.org/index.php/departments/technology-services/260-cyber-safety. Turn roster with initials into Ms. Sweeney by October 15th.
- HOMEROOM TEACHERS: This week is Bus Safety Week. Please show the two very short videos on bus safety (links are below) by October 23rd. Please complete the Google Form sent via email.
TEACHING and LEARNING at ECMS...
EC Experts Videos:
Milestones Resource Page: https://www.smore.com/p9ez4 (thanks Jessica Slaton)
Georgia Milestones Achievement Level Descriptors:
Study resources from the GADOE: http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/EOG-Study-Resource-Guides.aspx
General Information about Milestones Testing this year: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JQ1xiuZ6pD9bi9VC_7mRBMhVhkhn5KczMwFOlpai3IY/edit#slide=id.p4
October Birthdays: Happy Birthday to YOU!
17- Ms. Tillison
18- Mr. Berrios
21- Ms. Hicks
28- Ms. Gordon
28- Ms. DuCharme
31- Coach Smith