One Art By Elizabeth Bishop
Created by Lauren Jones
One Aspect of my Literary Analysis
- A villanelle is a 19-lined fixed form poem that has repeating lines and is composed in five three lined stanzas.
- It usually concludes with a closing quatrain that ends in a rhyming couplet.
- The repetition duplicates and divides the main moral in this poem and seeks to provide the readers with the impact of how writing and losing are "one art"
Question seeking to answer
- How the repetition within the poem creates the story like stanzas to effectively create the mood and tone Elizabeth seeks to convey
- “the art of losing isn’t hard to master;
intent to be lost that their loss is no disaster” (Bishop).
- “Lose something every day. Accept the fluster of lost door keys, the hour badly spent. The art of losing isn’t hard to master. Then practice losing father, losing faster: places, and names. And where it was you meant to travel. None of these will bring disaster”( Bishop)
Poets.org. Academy of American Poets, n.d. Web. 10 May 2016.
Highlight From My Project
- The rhyming within this poem is what makes it such a fascinating form of literature. The repetition duplicates and divides the main moral in this poem and seeks to provide the readers with impact of how writing and losing are one art. The style of using repetition is a common traditional way to convey a message or moral in a story in a creative way.
How Have I Grown as a Writer throughout this semester
- Learned to write my sentences in a more professional manner
- Learned the importance of ethos, logos and pathos
- Learned using my creative side within my writing can be fun
- Learned that using tools around you such as the writing center and having a peer read your papers can help improve your grade
- asking for help can improve my writing skills overall
skills and abilities have I gained
- Understanding how to use the library research databases
- Properly citing information from sources
- increased knowledge of were i can improve on my writing
- Learned about famous pieces of literature
What life lesson have I learned from this class
What I have learned from this class is that everyone must start from the bottom to get to the top
Using library databases are the best place to find research
What is my favorite class memory
My favorite class memory was when we all went around the room and everyone shared what they wrote about for their memoirs
My Creative Metaphor
English class is like ice cream because you can be creative but with a solid base
- What was your favorite class that you took in college?
- What do u you remember from college that you will never forget?
- How did you find your passion for english?