The days are flying by and are busy in our Kindergarten room! Your children are learning a lot of facts about creatures in the ocean through books, poems and short movie clips. On Monday we celebrated the 10th day of school by reading the book 10 Black Dots by Donald Crews. The children each got 10 black paper dots and were asked, "What can you do with your 10 black dots?" Our Kindergarten gallery is filled with one-of-a-kind pictures!
In Math, we explored patterns using colorful craft sticks, paper clips and unifix cubes. We also sorted objects based on characteristics such as color, shape, texture, etc.
* What did "Helpful Humans" do to save the humpback whales Humphrey and Valentina?
* What do baby jellyfish look like?
* What are some things we can do better as a team?
Fun Things To Do At Home
* Can you find patterns in the clothes you have?
* Read the poem of the week.
* Have your child sort the laundry with you.
Poem of the week: "The Whale" by Douglas Florian
Big as a street -
With fins, not feet -
I'm full of blubber
With skin like rubber.
When I breathe out