By Brittany Brandt
Capital and population
The population of the Philippines is 105,720,644 of 13,Feb,2014, the capital is Manila,and below is the countries flag.
Here is a picture of Mount Apo
Here is a map of the country
- In 2004 severe storms and mudslides killed about 1,800.
- In 2006 people cannot be put to death anymore .
- In 2011 over 1,200 people were killed by a typhoon that causes flooding and mudslides .
- In 2013 the strongest storm also known as Yolanda kills several thousand Philipinos.
People and Places
- Tagalog and english are two official languages in .
- English is used in schools,business,and government.
- People Who live in the Philippines think that it is rude to speak in a language that the person that you are speaking to can't understand.
- Philiopineos have some english in their class.
- some kids will play a game called takyan.
- In philippines people will eat anything with dog.
- Children who lived in villages would fetch water for their parents.
- Children would wear casual clothes and dress up for occasions
- People work hard and earn extra money and send it back to their families.
- Some Philopinos work in the Philippines and other countries.
- Many people would sit or hang onto a Jeepeney.
- The philipino's currency is called peso.
- A jeepeny Can carry up to 10-12 passengers.
- If someone would want off they would pound or tap the roof of the jeepeny.
- The jeepeny is also called a mini bus.
"Philippines." CultureGrams Kids Edition. ProQuest, 2014. Web. 31 Mar 2014.