January 11th to 16th
Here's Jeffy the J-Hawk
Jeffy is our school mascot.
Check Your Email Every Day!
2 Weeks Left In The Semester
For classes that give finals, they will be given
Wednesday, the 20th, and Thursday, the 21st.
Shakespeare 2.020 Virtual Production
Yearbook Survey - Please Complete, You'll Be Happy You Did
Mandatory Football Virtual Meeting
We will use our Jefferson Football Classroom link which is here: meet.google.com/lookup/h3siqu2sre?authuser=0&hs=179
The Code to join our Jefferson Football Classroom page for someone who is not currently in, but intends on playing in 2021 is here: sc5otfl
New Student Literary Magazine To Start This Year
Has Your Password Expired?
Has your password expired? Your new password must:
- Be at least 8 characters long
- Include 3 of the following 4 items - uppercase, lowercase, number, symbol
- NOT include any part of your username
- NOT be similar to any other recent password.
Changes To Your Remote/Cohort Status
- Build a schedule - traditional school provides a lot of structure - online learning has more flexibility. Create a reasonable schedule with your child and post it. Make them stick to it!
- Model hard work and perseverance - let them know when you are struggling with something at work and allow them to know how you resolved the issue -
- Set up a designated work space with everything needed at the students fingertips
- Get to know the online learning platform - Ask your child to show you what they're doing; watch as they attend virtual class, get to know infinite campus and Canvas, and Google Meets etc. Have your child teach you these things. The highest for of learning is when you teach someone else!
- Stay in regular communication with your child's teachers and make sure you encourage your child to reach out to the teacher as well.
Building Entrance and Breakfast
- Both front entrances to the Performing Arts Building
- Main entrance, under the skywalk
- Activities entrance
- Swim doors by gym parking lot
After 7:50, all students will enter at the main entrance, under the skywalk.
Masks and IDs
Students will be issued IDs and lanyards after school pictures, the 15th and 16th. All students will be required to wear IDs, on the lanyard, while in the building. We will be using scanners and barcodes for Sweeps and during lunch.
City bus route #1 is the bus you want to ride to be dropped off at Jefferson.
- Morning: 6:55, 7:25, 7:55, 8:25, 8:55, 9:55, 10:55, 11:55
- Afternoons: 12:55, 1:55, 2:55, 3:25, 3:55, 4:25, 4:55, 5:25, 5:55, 6:55
Activities This Week - Attendance Is Limited to 2 Wristbands Per Family
Families will be able to watch the one event. All spectators will need to exit at the end of each game. Fans for the second game will be allowed to enter after all spectators have cleared the gym or pool. Bolded games are home.
- 5:30 - BBB 9th Blue vs Xavier Navy
- 6pm - Wrestling Frosh @ Kennedy
- 7 pm - BBB 9th White vs.Xavier Silver
- 7 pm - BBB JV vs. Prairie
- 5 pm - GBB JV2. @ IC HIgh
- 6 pm - GBB JV1 vs. Waterloo West
- 6pm - BSW @ Dub. Senior
- 7:30 pm - GBB Var vs. Waterloo West
- 7:30 pm - BBB Var @ Waterloo West
- 5 pm - GBB JV2 @ Dub. Hempstead
- 6:15pm - Wrestling JV vs. Waterloo East
- 7 pm - Wrestling Var. vs. Waterloo East
- 7 pm - Frosh BBB vs. Dub. Wahlert
- 3:45 pm - Bowling - Boys and Girls JV/Varsity vs. Dub. Senior
- 6pm - GBB JV1 @ Dub. Wahlert
- 6pm - BBB Sophs vs. Dub. Wahlert
- 7:30pm - GBB Var. @ Dub. Wahlert
- 7:30pm - BBB Varsity vs. Dub. Wahlert
- 9am - BBB Frosh Tourney @ Kennedy
- 10 am - Wrestling J-Hawk Invite
Important Numbers If You Are In Need of Assistance
Jefferson Main Office: (319) 558-2435
Mr. Mike Hawley, Principal
Ms. Lorie Bateman, Associate Principal
Mr. Chris Deam, Athletic Director
Mr. Chad Szabo, Associate Principal
Mr. Mike Panoch, Facilitator
Ms. Lois Bassett, Main Office
Ms. Lori Gunn, Main Office
Ms. Nancy Coffman, Attendance Office (319) 558-2341
Ms. Nicole McCue, Attendance Office (319) 558-2341
Ms. Susan Rumelhart, Nurse (319) 558-3473
Ms. Jackie Simoens, Athletics (319) 558-2148
Ms. Debra Floyd, Bookkeeping (319) 558-2743
Student Services: (319) 558-2441
Brenda Morillo, Counseling Secretary
Nancy Priebe, Special Ed. Compliance Secretary
Kim Abram, Counselor (Freshmen)
Jason Edwards, Counselor (10-12 Students with Last Names A-HA)
Jamie Cummins, Counselor (10-12 Students with Last Names Hb-Pa)
Judy McIntosh, Counselor (10-12 Students with Last Names Pb-Z)
Russ Bush, Technology
Kevin Darrow, PACT
Rebecca Egli, Transition Specialist