ULC a Success!
Leadership, Service, and Social Justice
The ULC is an entirely student-led conference on leadership, service, and social justice.
The ULC challenged students to understand allyship and intersectionality at the morning keynote.
Presenters offered two dozen workshops focusing on eight different skill areas.
Students were able to connect with on- and off-campus organizations to apply their new-found knowledge.
Accomplished alumni shared their experiences with students and inspired them to pursue their goals.
Students at two institutions put in months of exhaustive effort to create a conference that served their peers' values.
By the Numbers
- 3rd annual conference, held May 16th, 2015
- Planned, organized, and executed by more than 30 student volunteers
- 24 workshops presented by individuals from 10 regional colleges, universities, and non-profit organizations
- Workshops featured up to 8 different skill areas related to leadership, service, and social justice.
- Approximately 150 attendees from Cascadia and UW Bothell
- 1 featured keynote speaker, Debbie Carlsen from local nonprofit LGBTQ Allyship
- 2 featured alumni speakers: Curtis Takahashi of UW Bothell and Sara Ortiz of Cascadia College
85 concurrent session evaluations submitted
Average responses below on a 5-point scale (5 = strongly agree)
- How satisfied are you with the workshop?: 4.59
- Was the topic discussed valuable?: 4.65
- Were the presenters effective facilitators?: 4.83
- Has this workshop changed the way you view leadership?: 4.22
- Would you be able to teach the topic discussed to someone you know?: 4.64
- Do you want to learn more about this topic in the future?: 4.88
The Universal Leadership Conference (ULC) is a student-run conference that provides leadership experience and training for college students. The programming for this conference offers students a variety of opportunities to understand and reflect on the interconnectedness of service, social justice, and leadership. The goal of the Universal Leadership Conference is to help students understand and better themselves, their peers, and their community. We foster this environment by supporting inclusion, allyhood, and teambuilding.
More information can be found on the ULC Website.
- ASUWB Student Government (UWB)
- Campus Events Board (UWB)
- Cascadia Activities Board (CCC)
- Club Council (UWB)
- Student Engagement & Activities (UWB)
- Office of Student Life (CCC)