The Regency Era
- Time of great social, political, and economic change
- Familial positions of daughters changed, making courtship their essential focus
Building styles changed during the era, and new architecture was constructed.
Many daughters had to marry just to keep their finances stable.
Wealth defined who was of which class. Those with greater wealth had greater status.
- Books were most often written about the higher classes
- Period of great financial instability
- Provides insight into part of normal life during the era