Monte the Tiger's Weekly Update
News from Buena Vista Montessori ~ November 19, 2021
Hello Tiger Families!
The entire staff of Buena Vista Montessori wishes your families a wonderful Thanksgiving Break! We had a wonderful time celebrating Autumn in our classrooms today and are eager to show you some pictures taken of the festivities! Please take a look further down in this newsletter.
Please also read the request from our Health Room. Keeping up with the illness symptoms will allow us to make sure all children come back to school healthy and keep the rest of the school healthy, too!
Our sincere hope is that everyone has a fun and relaxing break. We look forward to seeing all of the children on Monday, November 29th.
School Highlight - Autumn Celebrations
Special Request from the Health Room
Please report any of the following:
- Feeling feverish, having chills, or temperature of 100.4F or higher
- New or unexplained persistent cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Runny nose or congestion
Ms. Karen in the office will be checking her email each day over break. firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your cooperation and willingness to keep our whole school healthy!
News from Your PTA
PTA Holiday Shoppe Committee Meeting
Tuesday, Nov. 23rd, 7pm
This is an online event.
Meeting ID: 862 3896 6649
Picture Request - Fall Festival Pictures!
Did you take some awesome pictures at our Fall Festival this year? We are looking for some pictures to include in our yearbook this year. If you have any that you would like to share with us, please email them to the PTA at email@example.com along with a note approving us to use them in the yearbook. Thank you for your help!!
Class Pictures are Still Available for Purchase
If you were interested in getting a class picture and did not order it on picture day, you still have another chance. See the below instructions:
Mail a note that includes the school name (Buena Vista Elementary), your students name, teacher's name and grade (i.e. 4th Grade - Upper Elementary) and your mailing address
along with cash or a check totaling $11.90 per picture (this includes tax) to :
2828 Janitell Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Easy Ways to Help Out the BV PTA
Sign up to support the BV PTA through AmazonSmile.
- You can select Buena Vista Montessori PTA as your charity recipient when you shop online at amazonsmile.com.
- AmazonSmile is also now available in the app on your Apple or Android devices. You can set this up in the app under "Settings">"Programs & Features".
- If you shop for girts on Amazon, this is an easy way for you to support our students and school.
- Be sure to ask your friends and family to select BV on AmazonSmile, as well.
You can earn money for BV PTA just by using your Loyalty Card when shopping at King Soopers.
To enroll your Loyalty Card with BV:
- Log on to www.kingsoopers.com/communityrewards and click "Enroll Now" to sign in to your account. If you have never used your Loyalty Card online before you will have to create an account. You will need an e-mail and your Loyalty Card number or your alternate ID (often your phone#).
- Find Buena Vista Montessori School (programs are listed alphabetically) or use our Code: UQ795 as the program you want to support!
- You are DONE! THAT'S IT! Now whenever you shop you are earning BV PTA money!
- This program is a big "Free Money" maker that helps to fund many great BV and PTA events and equipment.
News from the Health Room
My Child is Not Feeling Well. Now What?
The list below refers only to new symptom or a change in usual symptoms. A student should not be kept home for usual symptoms they experience due to a chronic condition unless they are worse than usual. These guidelines are in additional to your regular school guidance (for example, a student with vomiting symptoms should also not attend school based on usual school guidance).
If you student is experiencing any potentially life-threatening symptoms, please call 911.
If any of the following symptoms are present, keep the child at home / stay at home. Inform Ms. Karen B. in the office via phone call (719-328-4100) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feeling feverish, having chills, or temperature of 100.4F or higher.
- New or unexplained persistent cough.
- Shortness of breath.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Loss of taste or smell.
- Muscle aches.
- Sore throat.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Runny nose or congestion.
COVID Protocol Updates
- For students of any age, and staff riding D11 buses for any purpose (e.g., to and from school, activities, field trips, etc.), in alignment with the Federal mandate, face coverings on all D11 buses are required.
- For students ages 11 and under, in alignment with local and state guidance, face coverings are required while learning indoors.
- For students/staff ages 12 and over, in alignment with local and state guidance, face coverings are required for anyone who is 12+ years regardless of vaccination status.
- We will continue with our diligent handwashing and sanitzing efforts throughout the school day. Including, but not limited to; after recess, before and after lunch, before and after specials, etc.
- Our children and staff will continue to clean and sanitize the classrooms daily. Our custodial staff will clean and sanitize the building and playgrounds daily, as well.
- The current guidelines indicate a three-foot space between each person. We will do our best to honor that guideline throughout the school day. However, due to the structure of our learning community, the social distancing is not always possible.
For additional resources and information from the State and local health agencies, please visit the following links:
Updated Return to Learn
Who Needs to Quarantine
At Home Symptom Screening Tool
Addressing Symptoms as School