What's Going On In The World Of Danny Jones
Dates to Remember
- Thanksgiving Break - November 19-23
- Fall Picture retakes - November 28
- Basketball games - Girls @ DJMS; Boys @ Coble - November 29
- 8th-grade AVID Field trip - November 29
- Colors for caring - December 3
- Toys for Tots Community Event December 5
- Boys Basketball Tourney @ DJMS - December 7-8
Monday: Cheerfulness- being in pleasant spirits
Tuesday: Motivation- The desire to move towards a goal
Wednesday: Perseverance- working hard without giving up
Thursday: Determination: direction or tendency to a certain end
Friday: Devotion: love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person, activity, or cause
We had a great kickoff to this week by having Debully here to engage and motivate our students to be kind and treat others with respect! We also had our 2nd annual Mix it Up Day at Lunch where we were all about Getting to Know others!!!
Theme: Choose Respect
11/12-11/15- Students can participate in a RESPECT Goosechase. Winners will be awarded!
Tuesday: “Show some Love”- Wear Red or Pink or Hearts and introduce yourself to someone new today.
Wednesday: “Be Powered by Kindness”-Wear Superhero shirts and write a thank you card to someone (teacher, friend, family, store clerk).
Thursday: “Spread some Cheer”-Wear Holiday/Christmas colors/clothes and bring a small unwrapped toy for the Toy Drive.
Friday: “Kindness is the Danny Jones Way”-Wear Danny Jones spirit wear/colors and find 3 people and say something kind to them about them!
Volunteers needed for health screening
Click link below to view about required health screenings - 7th grade on Nov 13th and 14th
Our nurse was ill last week that the screenings have been changed to this week for the 7th graders on Tuesday and Wednesday. All students need to be sure to bring their glasses and/or hearing aids to the screening and all girls should wear sports bras or swimsuit tops for the scoliosis screening. 7th-grade boys are not screened for scoliosis. So far, I have one volunteer that has contacted me that she is able to help on Tuesday so we could use a couple more volunteers.
NJHS is still working hard during their "Season of Giving". First was the Can Food/Non-perishable food items drive. We collected over 2000 items. Now, We are looking for your help in making this year's Toy Drive a huge success. You can start dropping your toys off to Mrs. Roberson, Ms. Sparkman or Ms. Bailey. DJMS has always been able to donate the largest number of toys for the MISD Toys for Tots. We need your help!
NJHS Winter Formal is tentatively scheduled for Dec. 14, 2018. Get ready to wear your dressy attire. If you have any Christmas Decorations to donate, please contact Mrs. Roberson or Ms. Bailey. We are always looking for volunteers to assist in putting on this event. If you are interested please contact the school to get information on volunteering for the dance.
Help for parents - How to sign up for Canvas
Student help for Canvas
We have a fantastic school year ahead of us. As we anticipate the memories, friendships and special times ahead, we’re also looking forward to one of our favorite traditions—the yearbook.
We will accept yearbook orders at our yearbookforever.com.
Lost and Found is now double this size. Please find a home for these items or they will be donated to the MISD Clothes Closet the end of November.
Arrival and Dismissal at DJMS
- Students are to be dropped off in front of the building for arrival. The building opens at 8:10 each day. If arriving for a sport, follow the coaches directions for arrival.
- Students are to be picked up on the side or in front of the school. This is the Broad St. side or the Day Miar side of the school.
- Follow the flow of traffic through the parking lot
- Students walking home or being picked up by their parents will leave the building from the front. Students are not to leave the building from side or back exit areas.
- Keep the circle drive clear for our designated cars and buses for that area.
- Keep the area in front of the dumpsters clear. This is a no parking or standing zone.
- The bus lane is in the back of the building near the football field. This is for buses only.
- If driving in the back, be mindful that students are crossing to the field for practice before and after school.
Meeting days and times for clubs:
Military Appreciation- Heather Fregia- Fridays @8:07 am D9
History Club- Terri Alexander-Wednesdays @4:30pm C5
K-Life-Kenya Ross-Fridays @8:07 am B2
Anime(Fandom)-Allen Baldwin-Fridays @4:20pm D13
FCA/Rachel's Devotion-Cedric Barnes-Thursdays @8:10 am D3
Coloring Club-Scarlett Perron-Wednesdays @4:15-4:45 pm ans Fridays @8:10 am C6
Birthday Bandits- Wendy Ruiz- Wednesdays @4:15 pm- Office Area
Soccer Club- Casey Sullivan-Tuesdays @4:20-5:20- B7(Outside)
Craft Club- Alicia Bailey- twice a month on Tuesdays( schedule sent through email)
More information to come about the following clubs:
Student Ambassadors- Tonya Willis/Michele Drake-
Memorial Garden- Ronetta Sawatzki
Chess Club- Sarah Law
Book Club- Alicia Rosales
Girl's Coding- Sonia Miller
Dance Club- Alicia Bailey-