The Latest from Room 219
Updates and Information
- Please remember to initial your child's agenda every night to confirm that they did there homework.
- The end of the first marking period is on Friday, October 30th. It is a HALF day for students.
- Our fall celebrations will be on that Friday from 10:30 am -11:30 am. Please remember no costumes.
- School will be closed on on Friday, November 13, 2015 for conference day. I will have a sign-up sheet through Sign- Up Genius for the day of the conferences in the coming week.
- Please remember that if your child is absent, please send in a note or send me an email letting me know why they are absent.
Right now we are reading a great book "The One and Only Ivan" as a read aloud. We have been loving every page and they are never happy when our ten minutes are up. I am sure they would love to fill you about what has happened so far.
In our next unit, we will focus on stories that teach. (Fables, Folktales, Myths, and Legends from diverse cultures) We will read a wide variety of traditional literary selections which convey life lessons or explanations about the natural world. We eventually create our own stories that teach others!
Remember to try and read with your student when possible, it's awesome quality time and it's great practice. Ask questions and have discussions with them about what they are reading. :)