Week of September 19th-23rd
Tuesday 9/20 Field Trip permission slip and money due for Canoe trip.
Wednesday 9/21- PTO meeting from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Friday 9/23- 1st Quarter Progress Reports come home.
9/26-9/30 College Go Week!
Monday 9/26- Spirit Day-Wear your favorite college gear/shirt-- Canoe mobile field trip to Lake George to go boating. Please dress for the weather.
Tuesday 9/27- Spirit Day-Wear military, armed forces, or camouflage gear.
Wednesday 9/28- Spirit Day- Dress as your future career.
Thursday 9/29- Spirit Day- Wear a hat and/or college gear --Fourth grade to tour Hobart High School.
Friday 9/30 Spirit Day- Wear Purple and Gold.
Chrome Book Policy
Now that we have our Chrome books we will be using them daily in class. All students need to have headphones that stay at school. It is important that your child brings their charged Chrome book every day to school. If your child does not have it he/she may not be able to participate in class activities, assessments, and assignments. Your child will NOT be allowed to call home for someone to bring it to school and the office will NOT accept them if they are brought in by a family member. There will be consequences for students when the Chrome book is not charged or it is not brought to school.
- 1st time - Student will lose a DOJO and receive a warning
- 2nd time and beyond - Student will lose a DOJO and serve a lunch detention
1. Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text. (R1).
2. Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas. (R2)
3. Analyze how and why individuals, events, or ideas develop and interact over the course of a text. (R3).
4. Interpret words and phrases as they are used in a text, including determining technical, connotative, and figurative meanings, and analyze how specific word choices shape meaning or tone. (R4).
Spelling words and vocabulary words are taken from the story this week.