EMS: Eagles Making Success
Schedule Change: Starting Tuesday, January 26th (Beginning of second semester). The schedule will be modified. Some changes to note in this schedule:
- Class times have decreased by 10 minutes in length- This is to address the amount of screen time students have each day.
- FA has been extended in length to allow FA teachers to conference with students about their academic progress and mastery
- Contents have been given designated support times for students. Math and science will be available to support students on Monday and Thursday, and ELA and Social studies will support students on Tuesday and Friday. Those content teachers will be available from 2:05 - 2:55 during those times for students needing assistance with their learning.
- Here is the new Schedule beginning Tuesday, January 26th.
Google Calendar Invites: To better assist with organization and time management, your child’s teacher will be setting up calendar invites for their classrooms. This is a building-wide support to alert your child before their classes start beginning second semester. We hope this will help students’ organizational skills and also help increase attendance.
End of the semester/No school: Friday is the last day of the semester for students and on Monday January 25th, there will be no school for students. Staff will be finalizing grades and grade cards will be sent out from Central Office that week.
Supply Distribution: January 26th-28th, there will be another supply distribution for our students. We will be redistributing more school supplies for those that need them. This will occur from 8am-4pm Tuesday-Thursday
Re-entry for Elementary students: Please follow this link to read about the phased in re-opening of our elementary students.
COVID Vaccine: Wyandotte County is beginning to roll out the COVID Vaccine. Here is the WyCo vaccine interest form for those interested in receiving the vaccine. Here is the WyCo information sheet to learn more about the vaccine and process: bit.ly/VaccineOverview
Parents as Partners Program: Follow this link to learn more about the district Parents as Partners initiative. There will be a workshop Thursday January 21st (English) and Wednesday, January 27th (Spanish). Parents can register here.
Attendance Notifications: We recently began making attendance notifications. If your child is absent 3 times before lunch, we will send out a Bright Arrow notification to the families.
Sumner admission notices: Were mailed out this past week. The admissions were based upon the Fastbridge assessment and other grade/attendance criteria. The appeal window is tentatively set for January 18-29th. Here is Sumner entrance Criteria and for those who would like to begin the appeals process: here is the form to use. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSejXWXjn9v3bInHIwbQ-c3QLOAbSghtYQ4gQMvqFoTxUk4Y0Q/viewform
Technology information and Assistance
Upcoming dates for your calendar
- January 22nd: Last day of the 1st semester
- January 22nd: Virtual PAT for students
- January 25th: No school for Students
- January 26th - 28th 8am-4pm: Supply Distribution
- FA Days: The next FA day is scheduled for Friday, February 12th. We will tentatively offer evening conferences Thursday February 11th, from 3:30-6:00.
Assessment dates - Please note:
- January 15th - 26th: KAP Interim (Math/ELA)
- January 26th - February 5th: Fastbridge (Math/ELA)
- February 1st - May 7th: DLM Assessment (SAILS classrooms)
- February 16th - March 31st: KELPA (ELL's)
- April 19th - May 7th: State KAP assessment (Math/ELA)
- 3rd Quarter: 6th grade SS assessment (6th grade SS)
Next Board meeting: January 26th
EMS Newsletter is Here for You!
Look a little further to see the staff at EMS this year and also find a survey to measure how we can best support your needs.