Staff Update: April 10th, 2014
Nuevas Fronteras and Crestview Elementary Schools
Kudos and Celebrations!
- Way to go, Ryan Johnson and the Crestview/Nuevas Choir! Your concert was both entertaining and inspirational. Great job!
- Kudos also to Kathryn Buccola and the Nuevas/Crestview Orchestra! Tuesday night's concert was a huge success!
- Muchas Gracias to Amanda Nilles and Jade Hibbard for leading the Nuevas PLC on Tech Resources... it was tech-fabuloso!
- Congratulations to 2014 Honorees Sandra Pugh (40 years) and Lisa LeMay (25 years). Both will be honored at the Annual Employee Celebration on May 12th.
- Thanks to Linnea Gamache for creating the video mash-up from our Reading Olympics closing ceremony- the video is below!
- Happy Belated Birthday to Amanda Nilles (4/7) and Happy Birthday to Yolanda Groess (4/15)!
All Staff: MCA Reminders- PLEASE READ!!!!
- Maintaining silence in the hallways (and being especially considerate of locker noise around the classrooms where testing is occurring).
- Walking all students out to recess through the EAST doors (by the TEACHER'S LOUNGE). Please do not walk your class past the 4th/5th grade rooms, as they will be testing!
- Encouraging each other. Testing can be stressful on both kids and staff! Reach out to your peeps in Grades 3-5 with an extra dose of kindness and support over the next few weeks!
MCA READING TESTING SCHEDULE
Tuesday, April 15th and Wednesday, April 16th
Crestview Grade 3: 8:20 to 9:20 11:30-12:30
Crestview Grade 4: 9:30-10:30 12:30-1:30
Crestview Grade 5: 9:30-10:30 12:30-1:30
Nuevas Grade 3: 10 AM – Noon (both sections with a break in between)
Nuevas Grade 4: 9:30-11:30 (both sections with a break in between)
Nuevas Grade 5: 9:40 -10:40 AM 1:45 -2:45 PM
Next Week at a Glance:
Want to add something to this staff update?
The staff update will typically come out on via email on Thursday or Friday each week. If you have an item that you would like to include in this bulletin, please email it to Tina by Wednesday noon, and we’ll do our best to add it to the bulletin. Let’s work together to use this bulletin as our primary method for making all-school announcements, and hopefully by distributing information in one central way, we can decrease the number of emails that we all receive.