Ms. Leslie's Loop
What's Up? Classroom and Communications Skills Program
Welcome to our first newsletter.........
Ms. Leslie :)
Guess What's Coming Up?
Check this out......
Ms. Tina's Tidbits!
COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY.....
TIDBITS TO TRY:
- Put a favorite toy out of reach. What this does is encourages your child to use some form of communication (gesture, picture, verbalization) to get your attention to obtain the toy!
- What is developmentally appropriate for language? We get this question often! Please follow the link below to look over one language developmental chart!
Let's Get Messy......Sensory Ideas for Home!
We've Got Skills!
- Sharing materials
- Following our classroom routine, using a picture schedule
- Taking something off of the flannel board, or placing a picture on to a picture or flannel board
- Simple motor imitations (clapping hands, tapping legs, waving, giving high five's)
- Starting to recognize our pictures and pictures of friends
- Finding and touching our body parts (head, nose, ear, eyes)
Check out what we are learning!
Special Notes and Upcoming News/Events
- EC beginning of the year picnic, this Thursday, Sept. 12th, 5:30-6:30 pm our EC playground at CRE
- EC Picture Day - Wednesday, Sept. 25th, info coming home
- Continue to watch the calendar for upcoming EC parent information nights! Childcare is provided for these evenings!
Check This Out.....
2nd Circle typically happens at the end of our day. It involves using some kind of video clip, or iPad app that is motivating and at the same time has TONS of concepts we can work on and learn from! Transitioning to our 2nd Circle is one of our easiest transitions!
Our friends loved using our play dough and play dough tools!
Hungry For Learning!
What fun caterpillars outside our classroom on our bulletin board! Most of the kiddos tried on funky bug glasses, but some thought they were a bit too funky! We love checking out our caterpillars to find ourselves and friends.....maybe even a teacher!
Meet Tyler, our therapy dog!