RAL Weekly Update: JUNE 7-11
June 6, 2021
Seniors: 3 1/2 Days Left !!! Everything must be completed by 3pm on Wednesday
Underclassmen: 8 1/2 Days Left !!!! Time to buckle down and earn those credits !
Masked Up at All Times at School
Summer School: Teachers are Working on Lists of Eligible Students. You will be informed in the coming days if your are being asked to join.
Summer School Sign Up Link if you know you need to be here and your teacher has already informed you
Getting Closer: Summer School June 21-July 2
ALERT: YOU MAY NOT NEED THIS IF YOU PASS ALL YOUR CLASSES THIS SEMESTER AND MAKE UP ANYTHING FROM 1ST SEMESTER THAT ENDED IN A FINAL GRADE OF F OR INCOMPLETE
IF NOT, YOUR MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR SUMMER SCHOOL
If your are eligible:
- Your teachers will let you know
- You will receive a Google Form for you to verify that you plan on attending.
- You must arrive at 9am daily or you will be sent home and forfeit you opportunity for credit retrieval. ( This is not a "drop when I can" situation)
- If you don't show, you will be removed from Summer School and will have to find an alternative path to retrieve your credit(s).
- Lunch will be provided
- Once you have retrieved your credit, you will no longer have to attend and can start your summer.
- If you are unclear if your are eligible, ask your teachers or contact your counselor.
- If you had an Incomplete or a high percentage F either 1st or 2nd semester, you may be eligible to complete for credit.
Keep in mind, your must earn 24 credits to graduate from HS. This is a non -negotiable.
If you are behind, communication is key. We want to hand you a diploma!
Things to Know and Do:
- STUDENTS.......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Check your EMAIL Daily :)
- STUDENTS...... Check SKYWARD Grades DAILY (Parents please ask your student to show you their grades at least 2 times per week)
- RA Long HS Main Page Website: https://ralong.longviewschools.com/
- All Things RA Long Athletics: https://ralonglumberjacks.com/
- Show up every day if you are Hybrid on your assigned day
- FULL Remote Students: Take care of business and communicate with your teachers if you are feeling lost or stuck. We need to keep you moving forward.
- Stay home if you have any symptoms that would keep you for saying YES to all attestation questions.
Have you completed your Forecasting? (9TH, 10TH AND 11TH GRADERS)
Video (31 minutes): https://youtu.be/ZTb99mC47yg
Forecasting Form Links (Can also be found in Digital Citizenship):
Class of 2024 (Freshmen, next year’s Sophomores): https://forms.gle/XPfiQcpGSWgTNCxS7
Class of 2023 (Sophomores, next year’s Juniors): https://forms.gle/Jo1vHoq18cbjYcgt6
Class of 2022 (Juniors, next year’s Seniors): https://forms.gle/naMoc3zLdbHiq9SX9
Google Slides presentation with links: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17xGHiXY6ECUlMr6RiI-yQjiWI-yUj0qX/view?usp=sharing
Attestation Sites to Check in to School and Get Your Color Coded Bracelet
Mask must be worn at all time over NOSE and MOUTH unless students are in a designated area where mask breaks occur. Students who are continuously in violation of this expectation will be designated as a remote learner and will not be allowed on campus. We have plenty of masks available if you happen to forget one.
Wellness Check EVERY DAY BEFORE School
Please do your Daily Wellness Screening on Skyward PRIOR to coming to school. This will help speed up the process getting you into the building on into your classroom. Your will need your CHARGED Chromebook daily to scan in with your barcode or with you student ID card.
Social Distancing Police
No one wants to be the social distancing police. Each of us know what 6 ft. distancing looks like. We ask that you do not congregate and keep moving following the arrowed traffic patterns.
HYBRID Bell Schedule whether you are in-person, at home, or remote learning.
What lunch do I have? Lunches are assigned by your 4th period teacher
Mr. Reeves INSTAGRAM principal_reeves
Mr. McCabe Athletics/Activities INSTAGRAM AD_RALong
Tag photos w/ #RALPride