Blue Bird News
November 10, 2013
This Weeks Events
- We will be celebrating Veterans Day by writing cards to veterans. Please have your child wear red, white and blue.
- We won 35 STARS for good behavior so we will be having extra gym time in the gym. Please have your child wear sneakers.
- 9:35 am Hearing Screening
- Unit 3 Math test
Curriculum for the Week
This week we will be reading the story The Remarkable Adaptable Turtle. In this story we will learn interesting facts about turtles.
We will also be focusing on the following:
- long vowels
- taking notes
- combining related information
- distinguishing between important and less important ideas
- main idea and detail
- reviewing the important events
On Thursday we will be taking the Unit 3 Math test. I will send home a review sheet and we will be reviewing on Wednesday.
The test will include the following skills:
- Counting by 10s starting at 100
- Counting by 5s starting at 70
- Missing numbers on a number line starting at 150
- Frames and arrows with two rules
- Number stories
- Counting change
- Telling time to the half hour
We will be working on Sort 15 which is short and long o. Please remember to have your child practice their spelling words using the Spelling City website https://www.spellingcity.com/gayman/. Please look for Sort 15 for this week's words.