THE COUGAR FLASH
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR COUGAR PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
LETTERS TO FAMILIES REGARDING THE SHIFT TO REMOTE LEARNING
Dear Families of Tukwila School District Elementary Students,
Cascade View, Thorndyke, and Tukwila Elementary schools will move to Temporary Remote Learning due to additional COVID-19 disruptions and staff shortages starting Wednesday, January 19, 2022.
All elementary staff and students in grades preschool through 5th grade will shift to remote learning beginning Wednesday, January 19th through at least Friday, January 21st, due to increased student and staff absences and lack of testing kits available.
There will be no in-person classes on Wednesday, January 19th. This is to allow time to prepare for remote learning. Students will check in at their teacher’s SeeSaw or Google Classroom for attendance at 8:50 am on Wednesday, January 19th. They will be learning at home independently for the balance of the school day.
There is more information below about instruction and support for students. Students receiving special education services will be contacted by their case managers.
· Your child will attend school online following the remote learning schedule from Thursday, January 20th until at least Friday, January 21st, or when it is decided that in-person school will resume. The District will update families on any extensions needed.
- If your student can’t be at school on Tuesday, contact your child’s school to arrange to pick up a device.
- Please check the Elementary Remote Learning schedule for your child’s remote instruction schedules. Please use the tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet to find your child’s grade level.
- Your child will need to use their District-issued laptop to attend class online, logging in to SeeSaw or Google Classroom and follow the Zoom link to connect to their teachers for attendance and instruction. This is the same process as last year.
- Support will be provided for students needing laptops, chargers, and WiFi-hotspots, or who have other technology needs. A link to ask for technology help will be posted shortly on the Technology Support webpage.
- If your child would like school meals, please arrive wearing a mask to the school to collect a to-go breakfast or lunch. Send someone else to collect meals if you are not feeling well. A family member can report to any school for curb-side pick-up for a “to-go” breakfast and lunch from 10:00am to 12:00pm.
Please read this website for more information about school district COVID procedures and how to keep your family safe from COVID: https://www.tukwilaschools.org/about-our-district/covid-19
The button below will take you to the letters that have been translated into the following languages: