August 19, 2022
Hello Riverview Families!
With the beginning of the new school year just around the corner, I want to take this opportunity to welcome you back to Riverview for the 2022/23 school year. I hope your summer was full of special memories with family and friends.
As the first day of school approaches, I reflect on my childhood this time of year. My mom would take my brothers and me in the family station wagon to Sprouse-Reitz for school supplies and lunch boxes, and Harmons for new clothes. When I entered Kindergarten at Riverview, there were five Larsen brothers getting on the bus each morning. Those childhood days flew by! Fast forward 45 years, and it’s still exciting to walk into Riverview each day and feel that special welcoming and friendly energy that fills the school. This couldn’t happen without our wonderful students, staff, and parents who collectively make Riverview such a wonderful place for learning and growing.
I also want to thank our custodians for the amazing job they did this summer. The building looks wonderful! It is now ready to welcome our students and families back for the new year.
Since June we’ve made some staffing changes. Please join me in welcoming our newest Eagles to Riverview. They are as follows:
- Laure Rancich (.5 Assistant Principal – from the Lakewood School District)
- Lauren Williamson (4th Grade – from Cascade View Elementary in Snohomish)
- Cami Olivet (6th Grade – from the Riverview School District in Duvall)
- Alma Inoue (.8 Psychologist – new to Riverview from Snohomish SD)
- Nicole Henle (Social Skills & Communication Para – from Dutch Hill Elem. in Snohomish)
I am excited to get the 2022/23 school year going with our Riverview families so we can make wonderful things happen. I feel honored to work with such quality people in every role of our school who commit to serving children with compassionate hearts, professionalism, and thoughtfulness.
Finally, a few calendar reminders for the next few weeks are below:
- September 1: Meet the Teacher Event (A-M, 1:00-1:45) and (N-Z, 2:15-3:00)
- September 7: First Day of School (1st-6th grade)
- September 7-9: Family Conferences (Kindergarten only)
- September 12: First Day of School for Kindergarten
Enjoy the remaining days of August and we will see you on September 1st at our Meet the Teacher event. I’m looking forward to a wonderful school year for Riverview Elementary.
Derek Larsen, Principal
meet the teacher - september 1
Join us! Meet Riverview teachers and staff, put lunch money in your account, drop off medication, reconnect with friends and more. Riverview Elementary will host its meet-the- teacher event on Thursday, September 1. Families will be divided into two sessions to minimize the crowded parking situation.
- Students with last names beginning with A-M are invited to meet their teachers from 1-1:45 p.m.
- Students with last names starting with N-Z are invited to meet their teacher from 2:15-3 p.m.
- Families with multiple last names may choose one of the sessions that works best.
Please join us at Riverview Elementary on Wednesday, August 31, at 6:30pm for Kindergarten Orientation. The event will be held in the Commons with signs to direct you. Below is some important information:
- We have a great deal of information to cover in a short period of time, so we ask that you please leave children at home if at all possible.
- This event is for Kindergarten families only. You do not need to attend Riverview’s “Meet the Teacher” event for 1st – 6th grades on the following day, September 1, as this orientation replaces that event.
- You will find out your child’s teacher at this event, so come prepared to sign up for a family conference some time during the days of September 7-9. This conference gives us a chance to meet your family, help make your child more comfortable with the classroom environment, and conduct initial assessments. Please bring school supplies to this family conference.
Please complete Student Information Verification - August 15-26
Skyward/Family Access available at www.sno.wednet.edu/skyward.
Skyward/Family Access support available at www.sno.wednet.edu/skywardsupport.
All district families are asked to please confirm their student’s information in Skyward/Family Access. Student Information Verification will be open from August 15-26.
Each summer we ask families to confirm student information and emergency contacts through an online process called Student Information Verification. This process helps to ensure we have accurate information for emergencies and helps us confirm enrollments for class sizes and scheduling. This Student Information Verification process will be open through Friday, August 26.
Note: If you are a parent/guardian and a district employee you must make address/phone changes through the Employee Access tab within Skyward/Family Access.
Here are the steps to confirm your student(s) enrollment:
- Log in to Skyward/Family Access (Note: You will need to do this through the parent/guardian login - not the student login.)
- Click on “Go to Student Information Verification for (Student Name)” or click on the “Student Information Verification” button.
- Click on your student’s name.
- Verify your student’s information. Some steps may have multiple items to be verified. To move through the items in each step, click on “Next Step” on the right-hand panel of your screen or click on the actual line item to verify/update the information for your student.
- Once a step is completed, click "Complete Step # and move to Step #" at the bottom of the screen when done.
Review and request changes for each of the steps below:
Step #1: Verify Student Information:
- Student Information
- Family Address (If family address has changed, please contact the office of the school(s) your students are attending, whether a district employee or not.)
- Family Information
- Emergency Contacts
Please note: The online system asks for your home phone number. This should be your primary contact number. It does not need to be a landline phone. The primary number is also the number contacted when School Messenger notifications are called.
Step #2: Verify military family affiliation.
Step #3: Verify ethnicity/race.
Step #4: Complete the student housing questionnaire.
Step #5: Complete the attendance form.
Step #6: Complete Student Information Verification. Review all items to ensure they have a green check mark next to them.
Click "Submit Student Information Verification." (Important Note: Verification is not complete until you submit.)
Repeat these steps to go through the verification process again for each of your students.
Please note that at back-to-school start-up activities, the Emergency Information Form and Health History Form will be available in printed copy (pdfs of the forms are also available by clicking here). These forms must be printed out and completed each year for every student and physically returned to the school.
Need additional help? Visit the Skyward/Family Access Support page for more information. Please note that families continue to have the ability to review and edit their student’s information in paper form. Paper forms and additional assistance are available at your student’s school.
IMPORTANT 22-23 SCHOOL YEAR DATES
- Thursday, September 1 - Skyward/Family Access will open at noon (elementary) and 6 p.m. (middle and high school) for viewing teacher assignments, student schedules, food service information and other important information. Please note that individual teacher assignments and student schedules may be subject to change up to the first day of school.
- Wednesday, September 7 – First day of school (first day of school for 1st – 6th grade).
- Thursday, September 8 and Friday, September 9 - All students except Kindergartners attend school.
- Monday, September 12 - First day of school for students in Kindergarten.
- October 25-28 - Fall conference week (Half-day early release @ 11:45am)
- Friday, November 11- No school/Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 23 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 24-Friday, November 25 - No school/Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, December 20 - Half-day early release
- Wednesday, December 21-Tuesday, January 3 - No school/Winter Break
- Wednesday, January 4 - Classes resume after Winter Break
- Monday, January 16 - No school/MLK Jr. Day
- Monday, January 30 - No school/Beginning of second semester and non-student day
- Friday, February 17-Monday, February 20 - No school/Mid-Winter Break
- March 28-31 - Spring conference week (Half day early release)
- Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 - No school/Spring Break
- Monday, May 29 - No school/Memorial Day
- Friday, June 16 - Last day of school
- Monday, June 19 - No school/Juneteenth
- Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - Potential snow/inclement weather make-up days
Please complete Student Transportation Input Form
- We are asking all parents/guardians of 2022-2023 students to please complete this form.
- The form only needs to be completed once per student.
- Information gathered through this form will be used to set routes, schedules and pick-up and drop-off locations.
- Transportation is not provided or guaranteed to students on variance.
- Please contact the Transportation Dept. at 360-563-3525 with questions or concerns.
Communication from schools
Our school offices will be open beginning Monday, August 15. All schools will be communicating school-specific information to their families shortly thereafter. In the meantime, school-specific information can be found on the district and school websites.
If you would like to receive district and school newsletters, please subscribe to our district’s listserv subscription tool. For directions on how to subscribe or change your subscription preferences (for those already signed up), please click here.
MEAL PRICES/FREE AND REDUCED MEALS
- Breakfast - $1.75
- School lunch - $3.25
- Free and reduced breakfast and lunch - Free
- Milk - $0.50
Free and Reduced:
Who should fill out an application?
Fill out the application if: Total household income is the same or less than the amount on the chart linked below.
You receive Basic Food, take part in the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), or receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) for your children.
You are applying for foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court.
Make sure your child's immunizations are up to date! It is important to make sure your child goes to their regularly scheduled wellness appointments, which often include immunizations. The summer months are a great time to get your child caught up with immunization requirements before the 2022-2023 school year. Schedule your appointments early, as health care providers’ schedules quickly fill up in August and September. Make sure to turn in your updated immunization paperwork to the school by Wednesday, September 7.
This reminder is especially important if your child is transitioning to preschool, Kindergarten, or 7th grade, as each of these grades has additional immunization requirements. Please click here for additional information about state vaccine requirements.
Every student enrolled/registered in school or childcare in the state of Washington must have medically verified up-to-date immunization records on file with the school in which they are enrolled/registering before the first day of school, 2022-2023. Medically verified immunization records include one or more of the following:
- A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
- A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
- A physical copy of the CIS form with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff
- A CIS printed from MyIR
District-approved community fliers
- COVID-19 Study Conducted by UW and the Center for Health Research at Kaiser Permanente Northwest - You and your family are invited to join a research study to help understand more about COVID-19. You do not need to be vaccinated to participate. You will receive free weekly COVID-19 PCR tests delivered to and picked up from the convenience of your home. Learn more at cascadiastudy.org.
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteers Needed
- Let Me Run Registration - Boys
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, email@example.com.