Covid-19 4-H Update
Franklin County 4-H In-Person Events & Meetings - 1/22/21
Beginning January 24, Franklin County 4-H clubs may begin in-person club meetings and educational activities if deemed necessary for educational purposes. Ohio 4-H is stressing the following guidelines:
- Hosting virtual meetings and events is preferred.
- If activities are critical/essential and are in-person, they must be education-focused.
- Group cannot be larger than 50 people, including adults, youth, presenters, etc.
- Six feet of distance is required between household groups.
- Face masks are required inside and outside at all times.
- Potlucks and buffets are not permitted.
- Attendance of ALL individuals must be kept for contact tracing purposes.
- Preference for in-person meetings/events is to limit time spent indoors and stay outdoors if possible.
- Do not attend in-person activities if you or anyone living in your household is experiencing symptoms associated with the coronavirus, or any other communicable illness.
- Fundraisers ARE NOT considered educational activities and are therefore not presently allowed as in-person events.
- Clubs WILL NOT require in-person attendance at meetings. Some families may not be comfortable with in-person activities at this time and that will be respected. A virtual alternative is encouraged for these families, i.e. some families may be able to Facetime/Zoom during the meeting.
These guidelines and others may change at any time depending on the current status of local and state health conditions.
Find all of the details and updated guidelines at https://ohio4h.org/families/stay-connected.
* Clubs found to be meeting in-person and not following these requirements are subject to disciplinary action. This may include but is not limited to the suspension of the club volunteer leaders from future participation in the Ohio 4-H program.*
Franklin County 4-H
CFAES provides research and related educational programs to clientele on a nondiscriminatory basis. For more information, visit cfaesdiversity.osu.edu.
For an accessible format of this publication, visit cfaes.osu.edu/accessibility.