SEPTEMBER 27- October 1, 2021
THIS WEEK'S LUNCH HOUR MEETINGS
Tuesday, Sepember 28: Student Council @ 11:30 in A258
Wednesday, September 29:
Thursday, September 30:
Friday, October 1:
- Monday – PJ Day
- Tuesday – Tacky Tourist (Hawaiian) Day
- Wednesday – Jersey Day
- Thursday – Dress Your Best Day
- Friday – Orange and Black Day
Homecoming Coronation has been postponed to the afternoon of Friday, October 1. Time TBD. Due to space limitations, the event will NOT be open to the public. Immediate family members of the Royalty Court are invited to attend and, per school policy, must wear a mask.
The event will be livestreamed on Tiger TV at https://marshallstudio1tv.com/tigertvlive or Spectrum 181/Vast 95 (18 digital).
The Homecoming Dance will be on Friday, October 1, from 9PM to midnight. Admission is $5
MHS Honor Society members are reminded to attend our meeting on Monday, September 27 at 11:05 in A252
BPA: If you are on the Remind app, please reply to the text message to get a food count for region officer voting information during 1 hour lunch on Tuesday. If you did not get a message and would like to attend; see Ms. Kellen.
Would you like the opportunity to represent your classmates at MHS? If so, stop in the office and nominate yourself to be a class officer. Elections will be held if there is enough interest.
The Digi Squad will be located outside of the main office and will be available during 1st block. If a student is experiencing any technical difficulties or has software questions, come visit the Help Desk and we will try to solve the problem. Mrs. Steinbach is the advisor in charge so if you need anything you can contact her through email
Student Services Announcements
Sophomores will be attending the Career Expo at SMSU on Wednesday, September 29th from 12:15 – 1:30 pm. The Career Expo is highly interactive career information and exploration event for high school sophomores in SW MN. Hundreds of business, agency and education volunteers work together to provider this opportunity for students. Masks are required on all Minnesota State College and University campuses. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
The Financial Aid Planning night for all seniors and their parents has been scheduled for Wednesday, October 13th from 6:30-7:30 P.M in the theatre. Natasha Boe, a financial aid expert, will be the presenter. Learn about the types of financial aid and how to apply. All seniors and their parents should plan to attend this important meeting.
- The Minnesota Association for College Admissions Counseling (MACAC) is inviting juniors and seniors to attend a virtual college fair this year. The virtual college fair is being held on Oct. 6th and Oct. 7th from 5-7:45 PM. This is an opportunity to learn about over 150 colleges (both public and private colleges, universities and community/technical colleges). Topics discussed will include majors or career areas offered, scholarships, financial aid, choosing a college, etc. Interested students/parents must register for the college fair at strivescan.com/minnesota. More information is available on the MACAC website at (https://www.mn-acac.org).
A representatives from the following college will be here on the date below and at the time indicated. Interested juniors and seniors are asked to see Jan for a pass.
- Thursday, September 30: Dordt University - Sioux Center IA - 11:00 AM