Anderson School News 8/3/21
Welcome Back (Home!)
Dates to Remember
- Thu 5th Home Access Opens to find out your child's teacher (See below)
- Thu 5th Transportation website opens to see your Bus route info (See below)
- Mon 9th Supply Drop Off and Meet your Teacher 1st -5th Grade (See times below)
- Wed 11th First Day of School (7:45-8:00 AM) Arrival Window time
- Wed Early Release Day. Students are dismissed at 2:10 PM.
- Thu 2nd PTO Family Picnic and PTO Meeting 5:30-7:30 PM River Bend Park
- Fri 3rd No School for students. Teacher Institute Day.
- Mon 6th No School. Labor Day!
- Thu 9th Picture Day!
- Wed 29th Early Release Day. Students are dismissed at 2:10 PM.
School Supply Lists for each grade level
Student Open House 1st-5th Grade (Meet your teacher and supply drop off)
Unfortunately, due to the D303 COVID-19 mitigation plan parents/guardians are not allowed inside the school building at this time. Have you never seen the inside or Anderson? Don't worry...coming soon will be a grand video tour of our school hosted by Mr. Jarot. :)
Last Name: A-M 4:00-4:30
Last Name: N-Z 4:30-5:00
The parking lot will be full, so please feel free to use the large parking lot across the street at Tekakwitha Woods Forest Preserve. (Please walk with your children as they cross the street)
Who is my teacher this year?
All active HAC accounts will be able to view your child's assigned teacher on Aug. 5th. At that time, you will be able to view your child’s classroom assignment and teacher, by following the included steps:
- Go to the district website at www.d303.org and click Parent Login near the upper-right corner. On a mobile device, open the navigation menu by clicking the menu icon in the upper-right, then scroll down and tap Parent Login
- Log in to the HAC by entering your registered username and password
- Select Registration from the menu on the left; You should then see the classroom assignment and teacher, which are labeled Homeroom and Homeroom Teacher on the right-hand side of the screen.
What about my bus?
Transportation route information will be available online (https://district.d303.org/tools/bus-routes) beginning Thursday, Aug 5th. This routing information will include the pickup/drop-off location and time.
District 303 is pleased to offer VersaTrans e-Link as a tool for viewing the latest bus route information for students.
Parents may log into e-Link using their student's ID number. For your initial login, you will enter your student's ID for both the Username and Password.
Don't know your student's ID#? Before you call the office, Log into your (HAC) Home Access Center to find their ID#.
Of course, if you are still stuck, please call the Anderson Office (331) 228-3300.
Transportation route information will NOT be sent home through the mail and can only be accessed online. Please note that for the first two weeks of the school year, the district will not make adjustments to the transportation routes. Our transportation department will collect suggestions about the routes and will make adjustments where necessary after the first two weeks of classes.
Car Rider Information Needed
If your child will be a "Car Rider" home each day, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions please call the Anderson School Office (331) 228-3300.
Note: If you student is eligible for busing transportation, we will assume they are riding the bus home every day unless you fill out this form to let us know you will be picking them up. Thanks!
Arrival Dismissal Procedures
Arrival time window: 7:45-8:00
Students who ride the bus to school will simply pull up in the back of the school. Anderson teachers will greet them at the bus door and welcome them to school. All bus students will enter the building through the back door where they are greeted again and then they walk directly to class.
If you are driving your child to school, simply drive up to the front of the school and pull all the way forward. This allows more cars to line up behind you and minimize any backup onto the street. Students need to exit the right side of the car and step up onto the curb. An Anderson Teacher will greet them and welcome them to school. If you arrive after 8:00 AM you are expected to park your car, walk your child to the front door and sign them in. Please do not drop off after 8:00 AM without coming to the office to check in your child.
We make it a point at Anderson to make sure that every child is greeted with a smile and a positive welcome at least 3 times before they even get to their teacher. That is one way we make sure every child feels welcome and safe.
At 3:00 PM we begin our dismissal process.
Car Riders are dismissed from their classroom and walk to the front of the school. Students should safely spread out along the full front sidewalk to watch for their parent/guardian's car. We have multiple teachers stationed in the front to help assist and make sure students are safely entering their cars. If you choose to, you can park your car and use the crosswalk to meet your children.
Students riding a bus home are dismissed by grade level and make their way to their assigned bus and assigned bus seat. We have Anderson teachers stationed to supervise and make sure all students are getting on the correct bus. All busses are numbered along with a colorful animal for our younger students to help them remember their bus. (Don't worry, we personally walk all younger students to their assigned bus.
All school lunches are free this year. Students simply order lunch with their teacher each morning. Students can also request a free breakfast bag each day that they can take home at the end of the day for the following morning.
From the Anderson PTO
Anderson PTO! We are here to serve our kids!
PTO is excited to WELCOME everyone HOME this school year! In our ever-changing times we are not positive how our events will look this year, but the PTO Board wants you to know we are here to help make this year the best it can possibly be. Stay tuned to Mr. Jarot's weekly newsletters for updates on events and ways you can help support our school. We are looking forward to working with you this school year! If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to reach out to anyone of us!
President: Brooks Nicewarner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 630-921-1978
Vice President: Debbie Kosiek , email@example.com, 847-456-8336
Treasurer: Vickie Nicewarner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 630-890-7429
Secretary: Lisa Bochat, email@example.com, 630-441-3230
SAVE THE DATE
- The PTO will be WELCOMING all students HOME with a popsicle treat the first week of school.
- Thursday, September 2nd 5:30-7:30: WELCOME HOME Picnic and First PTO Meeting (more details to come)
- Friday, September 3rd: Panera South Elgin Dine Out Fundraiser
- Wednesday, September 15th: Buona Beef St Charles Dine Out Fundraiser