February 8, 2016
- Thank you to StuCO for a great Snowcoming Spirit Week. It was a lot of fun. Great to see so many staff members dressed up. In addition, the pep Rally and dance were awesome. Way to go, StuCo!
- Thank you to the many parents that helped with the dance. We are lucky to have great parents at FHN.
- Thanks to Coach Hahn for spearheading the Pink Out Game on 2/5/16. It was awesome. Hundreds of dollars were raised for a worthy cause.
- It was wonderful to see many staff members at the Pink Out Game.
- There is a new Norm in town!
- DECA had a tremendous showing at state with many students placing.
- Thank you for those who participated in penny wars. Thank you to all who organized it.
PD Half ay on Friday 2/12
You should have received an e-mail from your PLC leader that you will be meeting in your PLC’s on Friday. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail Katie Greer
We will be meeting on Tuesday 2/16 to look at the survey results that were sent out to all staff and start planning for the 2016-2017 school year PD. If you would like to be a part of this committee, please contact Stephanie Johnson or Katie Greer.
Homeroom Intervention Committee
This new committee will be meeting on Monday 2/22. If you would like to be a part of this committee or if you have more questions, please let Katie Greer know. We love to have representation from all departments.
Tools for your Toolbox
Have you ever wondered or thought to yourself, how can I grade fewer papers? I may have something you can use! When I was having a follow-up conversation with a teacher this week, I asked how the year was going. They highlighted multiple areas, but the grading piece really stood out.
Here is how it works:
- Each student has a paper or the assignment in front of them
- The teacher states after giving instructions on what they will be doing that they will randomly collect one students paper for the group at the end
- This ensures that all students in their groups of four all are responsible for the work they are completing
- The best part the teacher said was that instead of grading 32 papers. They are grading 8 papers and all students had to be responsible
Knights at 90- Through the month of January FHN has 90.1% of our students attending school 90% of the time. Please help us stay above our goal by showing every student how important their attendance is in your class.
The next Attendance Committee meeting is this Thurs Feb 11 after school.
The Behavior Leadership team met last week and are reviewing work related to Restorative Discipline. More information to come.
EOC and ACT Testing Window
4/11- 4/19 ELA, Alg 2, and Gov
4/25- 5/3 Alg 1 and Bio