The Weekly Growl
Week of September 8 - 14, 2013
*Book Fair in Library All Week*
Monday, September 9
- 5:00 - 7:00 Open House
Tuesday, September 10
- Have a great day!
Wednesday, September 11
- Dress to the Nines Day
- 5:30/6:45 Football (7) vs. Walsh
- 5:30/6:45Football (8) @ Walsh
Thursday, September 12
- 5:30/6:45 Volleyball (7) vs. Cedar Valley
- 5:30/6:45 Volleyball (8) @ Cedar Valley
Friday, September 13
- Wear Staff Shirt
Monday, September 16
- 6:00 Parent Involvement Night
- GGI Week - "What is College All About?" Wear college shirts.
Tuesday, September 17
- 5:30/6:45 Football (7) vs. Ridgeview
- 5:30/6:45 Football (8) @ Ridgeview
- GGI Week - "Where are You Now?" Wear Hernandez shirts.
Wednesday, September 18
- 7:45 a.m. Dog Tag Celebration in Lecture Hall
- GGI Week - "Dress for Success - Where are You Going?" Students dress up as future career choice, teachers "Dress to the Nines."
Thursday, September 19
- 5:30/6:45 Volleyball (7) @ Canyon Vista
- 5:30/6:45 Volleyball (8) vs. Canyon Vista
- GGI Week - Students and staff wear High School shirts.
Friday, September 20
- Day of Caring
- 3:30 - 6:30 Back to School Dance
- GGI Week - "College Pride Day" Wear your favorite college colors and spirit wear.
Sep. 25 1:45 Committee Meetings
- Ashley Brunette 10
- Casey Gembicki 11
- Clarissa Lopez 11
- Michael Bergeron 23
- Catherine Gutierrez 26
- Kelly Hutka 26
- Cherri Urban 27
- Jonathan Shelby 30
Kudos to Julia Ross for totally rockin' the 7th grade vocab lessons. She planned the whole shebang including extension activities and they are super cool. So glad you are on my team!
- Sofie Vastano
BIG THANKS to Evelyn, Travis and Saby for helping me get all the engineering notebooks I needed. You guys rock!
- William Russell
Kudos to Cherri Urban, Jennifer Gregorcyk, Danielle Lacey, and Kathleen Hoeber for giving up some prime happy hour time on Friday after school to help set up the Book Fair!!!
- Wendy Tucker
Kudos to Eric Gerhardstein and Sam Jones for making me feel welcome and part of the 8th grade Social Studies team!
- Heather Davis
Kudos to the science department for working as a team to help each other get started this year. It doesn't matter which grade level they teach, they all support each other.
- Gloria Schuldt
Please send thanks and appreciation to Mrs. Polini for taking the time to share her student relationships with others.
Great appreciation and thank you to Caroline Branca for being willing to work extra hard, early, early mornings, late, late afternoons, weekends, to make sure that her students have the best education while learning the HeMS way. And to Tricia McDaniel for supporting both of us so well these first couple weeks.
- Laurie Stauffer
Please give a heartfelt overflowing of appreciation to:
Ms. Lacey for helping me with technology after school.
Ms. Clarissa Lopez for her consistent support with so much, but this week Charms, Polo Shirts, & Print Services
Mr. Mutscher for his consistent creativity to build comradery & unity between staff members.
Ms. Gutierrez for being so clever & inclusive in bringing all the Departments together to showcase for open house.
TammyFern for being TammyFern & for thinking about our nourishment for our long day after school.
Ms. Espinoza & Ms Cubias for always making time to help others, an unspoken heroine (the wind beneath our wings
And Cherri Urban, of course, for bring us altogether every week to focus on gratitude for one another!
- Kimberly Pollini
SUPER DUPER special thanks to Coach Degelia, Coach Murphey, Coach Smith, Coach Wells, Danielle Lacey, Jayson Sherman, Xochitl Gamas, and Sheryl Gilchrist for being so understanding and flexible when I messed up in MEGA proportions last week. It was a lesson on communication for me, for sure. I still owe you all!
- Larissa Ortiz
Kudos to Evelyn Cubias who is doing anything and everything and staying above water with a smile on her face.
- Catherine Gutierrez