Walt Disney's story to success
By: Shelby Kocevar
"Its kind of fun to do the impossible"
Walter Elias "Walt" Disney was an American entrepreneur, cartoonist, animator, voice actor, and film producer. Walt Disney was born in Chicago, Illinois, on December 5, 1901, the forth of Elias and Flora Disney's five children. Walt's Father, Elias', restlessness took him next to Chicago, where he worked as a carpenter, earning a dollar a day. Elias moved the family to a small farm house. Walt Disney died on December 15, 1966, at the age of 65. After his death, his brother carried on the plans to finish the Florida theme park, which opened 1971 under the name Walt Disney World.
- Walt went through character vs society because he only had and eighth grade education. Also suffered multiple business setbacks.
- Walt also went through character vs self
The bond between Walt and his brother
Crazy facts about Walt
- He dropped out of high school to join the army
- He was the original voice behind Mickey Mouse
- He came close to building a major ski resort
- He received more Academy Awards and nominations than any other person in history!
Obstacles he faced
"Get a good idea and stay with it. Do it, work at it until its done right"
How Walt faced his obsticles