The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of February 11, 2019
How will you think like a scientist to understand the world around you?
Lesson Plans DUE
Monday, Feb. 11th, 8am
- Gr1 Chat & Chew: My Chat & Chew block is during the 1st grade lunch block this week! If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives, let me know!
- Morning Mindfulness: Stop by my office for our 5-minute faculty mindfulness sessions! The fun starts at 7:45 daily.
Bulldog Buddies/SEL Team Meeting
Monday, Feb. 11th, 3-4pm
No School-Teacher Inservice
Friday, Feb. 15th, 8am-3pm
- Trauma Informed Practices w/Melissa Sadin (8:00-1:00)
- Lunch (1:00-2:00)
- Faculty Debriefing & Meeting (2:00-3:00)
The Principal's POV on...Participating in a PLC (4d)
Our Bulldog Buddies/SEL Committee, Rowan PDS Team, Parent Nights, Grade Level/Team Meetings, Chat & Chews, commenting on Principal's POV/Curriculum Corner articles...these are all routines that have been established to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to be an active participant in Bullock's professional learning community! The point is this: In order to continue growing as an educator & to make our school a "community" resource, we have to do more than close our doors and be great teachers (which all of you are!).
There is a quick & easy way to self-evaluate when it comes to 4d, and we don't have to read through endless narratives to do so! As you read through each bullet below, take a moment to reflect and see what your level of participation is at this point in time.
- Basic (Level 2): A teacher that is rated "basic" is one who follows the contract - nothing more; nothing less. He/she attends required PD, meetings, etc. but doesn't go beyond that.
- Proficient (Level 3): A teacher that is rated "proficient" is one who volunteers and "actively participates" in building/community projects, making "substantial contributions" to our community.
- Distinguished (Level 4): A teacher that is rated "distinguished" is one who LEADS building/community projects, making "substantial contributions" to our community.
Always remember, when you're looking for artifacts & evidence to support Domain 4, focus on practices that you can infuse into your regular routines, or that we're already engaged in! This way you're not adding more to your plate! Thank you for a fantastic week & don't forget to "participate" by sharing your thoughts on 4d via email, during a Chat & Chew or via social media!
News & Notes
FEB PLT Presentations: Don't forget that the FUNdations & Eureka teams will be presenting during this month's team meetings. Don't forget to book (and stagger) your release day for planning/observing. If you have any questions, just let me know!
Gr3 Honors Choir: Rehearsals will not be resuming until March. Stay tuned for any updates.
International Club Updates: Superior Court Mock Trial will be on February 11th from 9:30 AM – 1PM. Philadelphia Zoo trip for Second Grade and International Club will be on February 14th from 8:45 AM – 1:45PM. Students who are bringing their own lunch, please refrain from glass bottles.
PTO Snowball Dance: Don't forget our snowflakes & paper chains! The PTO dance is on 2/22...and thank you to everyone for helping to make this such a fun event for our kiddos!
Reading Response Journals
Comprehension and writing with Ms. Werner!
Words to Inspire...
Ms. Azzarano's 1st graders are selecting some independent reading texts.
Words to Inspire...
BOOM! Shout-outs from the Staff!
A big shout out to our newbies Brittany and Alex for always stepping up to help in SOOO many ways. You guys did a great job at Parent Night!
Thank you Toni & Heather for asking me to submit this.
BOOM-Steph, you are stronger than you think! XOXO
Shout out to Mrs. Castro for guest speaking in the on-site course. You rock!
Heather & Amy, thank you for your help with the PDS Network meeting. Your support doesn't go unnoticed!
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 02/11: Bulldog Buddies/SEL Meeting
- 02/15: School Closed (Inservice Day)
- 02/18: School Closed (President's Day)
- 02/22: African American Read-in; PTO Snowball Dance
- 02/25: Gr1 Meeting; Read Across America Week
- 02/26: Gr2 Meeting
- 02/27: Gr3 Meeting
- 02/28: Special Areas Meeting
- 03/01: Star Student Luncheon