Unit 03 - Information Systems
Task 1 - P1
• Marketing - Will use the information most likely to get the results of certain sales and what will need marketing for the company to make a profit, and to see what is being bought to update the marketing campaign for the correct or more audiences.
• Purchasing - Will use the information most likely to see what is poplar to order more in and have a surplus of it on hand to not loose any sales.
• Manufacturing - Will use the information to see what people want and what will have to be done to get it manufactured and to see if it will sell well.
• Finance - ~Will use the information to see what in the company needs more or less funding if they are loosing money that could be spent else where and making money
• Administration - Will use the information on the employees to see if there is anything that can be done to make it more efficient or to see if there is anything out of place.
• Personnel - Could use information on employees to make decisions of who to fire if the need arises if they are not performing optimally, or they could use information to see who to hire if there is an opening
• Sales - Will use information to know who is buying what and make the sales attempt of certain products go to certain people
There are different types of information too
• Qualitative - This type bases itself on the quality of information based on accuracy and will most likely not have a large sample size but there will be a lot of information from each of the participants
• Quantitative - This type bases itself on the amount of information not the amount it will most likely have some errors. This will have a large sample size and have a small amount of information of each of the participants.
• Primary - This information is directly gathered by the company that will use the information and will most likely be the most relevant to what the company wishes to use the information for.
• Secondary - This information has been gathered by another party and has been published for people to use this will most likely have missing information of more information than the company will need.
Task 1 - P2
• Valid - The information will want to be validated before it is used, good information is valid which means it is good to use for any purpose.
• Reliable - The information has to be reliable and to be reliable it will be form a trusted source.
• Timely - It has to be gathered within an acceptable time frame otherwise some information may not be relevant any more
• Fit for Purpose - The information has to be relevant for the purpose that it is being used like you shouldn't have information about socks for skin care product research
• Accessible - The information needs to be accessible by everyone that needs/wants the information
• Cost-effective - If the cost of researching all the information is too high the company may just deem it irrelevant making it useless for the company
• Accurate - The information will want to be accurate and have as few discrepancies as possible in it
• Relevant - The information has to be relevant for the purpose otherwise the information may not be acceptable to use
• Correct level of detail - Too much information and it may cost more than is needed and too little the information may not be usable for the purpose
• Reliable source - The source has to be trusted otherwise all of the information gathered may be falsified or inaccurate
• Understandable by the user - The user has to be able to understand the information being presented to them otherwise it may not have the correct delivery or effect on the user