Happy New Year!
Week of Jan. 2 - 4
A Message from the Principal
Happy New Year to all of our GHES families!
We hope that you've enjoyed winter break with family and friends. Each year, our teachers and staff participated in the One Word phenomenon by choosing one word as a theme or banner over their year. Folks at #OneWord365 and MyOneWord.org have paved the way for others to choose one word that serves as motivation, inspiration and focus. Last year my word was FOCUS. When reflecting on 2018 and considering my family, my career, and myself, the word that comes to mind is INTENTIONAL.
This year, I'd like to invite our Grange Hall students (and parents, too) to choose One Word for the new year. A word that reminds you of a goal or dream for your life. Encourage your kids to think about what they want this year to be about.
A FEW QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN CHOOSING ONE WORD FOR KIDS:
- In what area do you want to grow this year?
- What things have been challenging for you in the past?
- Is there anything specific you want to get better at this year?
- What friendships do you want to invest in?
Answering these questions may bring to light a relationship or activity your child wants to focus on. Once you've chosen your One Word, share it with family and friends or create a poster to visualize your goals for 2019. Most importantly, have fun making your dreams come true!
2019, we are ready for you!
Dates to Remember
Jan. 2 - Teachers and Students return from winter break
Jan. 3 - 5th grade Chick-Fil-A night
Jan. 11 - PTA Bingo Night - 6pm
Jan. 12 - STEAMMANIA
Jan. 15 - Birthday Book celebration
Jan. 16 - Teacher Luncheon - rescheduled from the 12 days of Winter break countdown
Jan. 21 - Holiday
Jan. 25 - Three hour early release day for students/Teacher workday
Jan. 31 - PTA mtg - 6pm; 5th grade winter program - 7pm
- Referral window is open for grades 2 - 4.
- Parents who are interested in referring their child for gifted testing should email Mrs. Jones to request a referral form.
- Referral forms are due to Mrs. Jones by Jan. 15.