A Note From Mrs. Wilkins
Happy October Warren families,
Thank you for sharing your child/ren with us. I am so impressed with how much the students and staff have accomplished in just a few short weeks!
One of our goals here at Warren is to have all students actively engaged in their learning. If your child/ren will not be at school due to illness or other reasons, please make sure to call our fabulous secretary, Mrs. Moore, and excuse your child.
We love having you here at Warren! You are always welcome to contact your child’s teacher if you would like to volunteer. You are also invited to eat lunch with your child/ren.
Lastly, please do not hesitate to contact me. I appreciate all you do for your child/ren. Thank you for being so supportive of our Warren community.
Letitia (Tia) Wilkins
Friday is Hat Day!
Every Friday students and staff can wear a hat if they donate a dollar towards Warren's technology fund. Last school year Warren's technology fund purchased 9 Smart Projectors for classrooms, headphones, and more!
Time to send in your Box Tops! This year our school goal is to collect 16,000 Box Tops. Please label your bag of Box Tops with your child's name and the amount and turn in to your child's teacher. The student who sells the most Box Tops earns a Pizza Party for their class!
October's Writing Focus: T-Charts
Each month Warren students (K-5) will practice a writing strategy in conjunction to the writing curriculum. This month’s focus: T-Charts! Ask your child how they used a T-chart to organize/plan their writing.
Friday is Hat Day!
· Tuesday, October 9th -Fire Prevention (K and 1st grade students)
· Tuesday, October 9th -4H Tree Planting @ 11:00 am
· Wednesday, October 10th- Walk to School Day
· Wednesday, October 10th -5th Grade Water Watchers
· Thursday, October 11th – Grade 2 Fire Station
· Monday October 15th @ 6:00 PM- PTO meeting
· Wednesday, October 17th- 10:35 Mighty Manners Assembly
· Tuesday, October 23rd Adopt-A-Species Assembly