KEPLER 16B, TATOOINE, PLANET AJ
Radius- .754 AU
Diameter- 1.508 AU
Sadly, the length of a day is unknown, but all we can tell you is the length of the year, which is 229 days. We figured out that if you were the age of 15 on Earth, you would be 23 years old on Planet AJ (Kepler 16b),
There are 0 moons on planet AJ,there are also 0 rings.
11) Since we had to find how much we would weigh, we used the value of "g", which is 14.7, and multiplied that by our weight which is around 100. After multiplying, our answer was 1,470 pounds.
12) The distance from Earth is 200 light years.
13) For our answer we figured out that it would take us 2,000 years to get to planet AJ. Therefore, it would be impossible to survive your journey to this planet. We got this answer by dividing 200, which is the amount of light years from Earth, and divided that by .1C. Although, if it took us 2,000 years to travel to your planet, the age we would be is 3,224. We got this answer by adding 23 to 2,000, then multiplying it by 365, and dividing it by 229.
FACTS FOR THE PLANET:
- It is known as the first planet to orbit around 2 stars.
- The sunsets at planet AJ would look like the sunsets in Starwars.
- Planet AJ (Kepler 16B) was discovered September 2011.
3 PROBLEMS IF LIVED ON:
- Your body would not be able to survive in -150 degree weather.
- It would take too long to get there, you wouldn't make it. (200 light years)
- Atmosphere is primarily composed of hydrogen, therefore without oxygen you would not be able to survive.
OVERCOMING PROBLEMS FOR LIFE:
- The orbiting moons may provide habitable conditions, although we don't know for sure.
- Bring a lot of people, so that they can reproduce and add more, also it would heat up the planet with their breathing, and being more compacted will also bring you more heat. (But not enough)
- Younger people will provide us with younger children, so the pattern will keep going on since they will reproduce. However, this still isn't enough people to make it a habitable living area.