Kennedy Parent Newsletter
Valentine's Day Celebrations - All cards to be handed out must be here at the school no later than Tuesday, February 9th. No edible items will be allowed. Quarantining Valentine's is one of the mitigation strategies that the district is doing. (We continue to quarantine books in the classrooms and in the library.)
Parent Teacher Conferences will be held via Zoom on Thursday, February 18th & Monday, February 22nd - you will be able to sign up for a time slot the beginning of February. You can go to the Kennedy Home Page and sign up under Quick Links - Parent-Teacher Conference https://ptcfast.com/schools/Kennedy_Elementary
New Schedule - The new 5 day schedule has been going well - students are now eating in the lunch room! During lunch, students are podded (sitting in a small group while unmasked) in groups of 4 or 5 students with others from their class. The lunch pods are consistent with pods that are currently in the classroom. (For contact tracing purposes, seats will be assigned in lunch and in the class.) Two classes in a grade are going outside at the same time and can use the same play area (i.e., equipment, green space or fitness equipment). A minimum of one teacher will supervise recess each day and may assign students to specific areas or zones. No more distance learning on Friday. Take home meals will be suspended. If you have concerns with meals, please contact Mrs. Mitzel, our counselor, at 446-4268.
No visitors are allowed in the buildings at this time - No food can be brought in to share (they can bring their own snack); drop off time is 7:55 am; masks must be worn. We will continue to encourage sanitizing and social distancing when and where possible. We are not able to ensure 6 feet of social distancing at all times. Students will be considered as close contacts to a student who is positive if they are unmasked. If your child is in close contact (unmasked) with a positive student, parents will be called to quarantine their child (i.e., keep them home). If two (or more students) are unmasked for more than 15 minutes per day, they are considered a "close contact".
Attendance - Attendance is calculated on 6 periods in a school day. This means that 6 absences = 1 day.
Extra Mask - Please send an extra mask in your students backpack. Wearing a mask outside during recess causes the mask to become wet. Thank you.
COVID Testing - In order to keep everyone safe and return to 5-day a week school, REMEMBER: if any member of your family is tested- please make sure you keep your students home until the test results have been received. Please share the results with the school. Thank you for continuing to keep us up-to-date.
Tracking COVID related absences in PowerSchool
- For tracking purposes, the district has asked quarantined and positive students are marked ILV (ill-COVID) for 1st period. This is to assist with tracking and determining patterns of absences for the district and state. The COVID related (ILV) absence DO NOT count "against" the student, providing the student completes the work and/or participates in class Zoom or activities.
- Second period, if students do not participate on Zoom or do not complete learning activities' while at home for COVID related absences (on Zoom or turn in required work), they will be marked truant (TRU) or unverified (UNV) for the rest of the day.
School Start and End Times
All students will continue attending school Monday through Friday. School start time is 8:10 am and dismissal time is 2:32 pm. Doors will open at 7:55 am.
DROP OFF REMINDERS:
If you drop off your child or children at school, we ask that you be kind and patient to others in the drop off loop. If the loop gets congested, you can pull to the tennis court for extra parking and drop off space.
Reminders for the drop off loop:
- Have your child ready to get out of the car once you are stopped. Have their backpack and device beside them, so they can exit the car as quickly as possible..
- All children being dropped off in the loop should get out on the passenger side door.
- Adults are to ALWAYS remain in the vehicle.
- If your child needs assistance in dressing or gathering their belongings, please park in the parking lot to assist them. Fast drop offs keeps the drop off line flowing.
- The north loop is for buses and daycares only, not for parent drop off or parent pick up.
- Parents picking up Kindergarten & 1st grade students please park on the south side of 44th Ave ONLY for the safety of your children. We do not want them crossing the street to get into your cars.
- Pull up as far as you are able.
- Be courteous to staff and others while dropping off - they are they are they to assist with the safety of dropping off and picking up of of your child/ren.
Thank you for your cooperation and showing other's empathy and kindness. We look forward to having everyone back in the building together!
End of Day Pick-Up
We are staggering dismissal times to prevent congregating. Classes dismiss starting at 2:25 and the last class dismisses at 2:32. K & 1 parents: you are encouraged to park in the north staff lot to pick up children.
No School & No Distance Learning
- Monday, February 15th - No Classes
- Tuesday, February 16th - No Classes
Storm Day Make-Up on APRIL 30th
Due to the storm day on December 23rd, there WILL BE SCHOOL on Friday, April 30th.
Kindergarten Registration for Fall 2021 is open online at www.fargo.k12.nd.us/registration on February 1, 2021. Child must be age 5 by July 31, 2021 to attend school in the fall. This is for New to district Kindergarten registration only - all other students (including Pre-School) will need to be re-enrolled after July 1st, 2021.
Registration is a two-step process:
STEP ONE: REGISTRATION ONLINE
Complete online registration forms at www.fargo.k12.nd.us/registration. For assistance, please contact your child’s school to schedule an appointment to complete in-person. (masks are required for all visitors)
STEP TWO: SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION
Upload or bring the following documents to your child’s school before August 25 to finalize registration.
- Child’s certified birth certificate
- Child’s immunization record, with 5-year shots
- Document (i.e. current city utility bill or bank statement) that includes parent/guardian name and current address to verify the correct
If you do not know which school your child will attend, call 701.446.1043 or check online at www.fargo.k12.nd.us/boundarymaps.
If you need PowerSchool help, please call 446-1030
Trollwood Performing Arts School 2021 Summer Registration Open
Get ready to Color Your Summer! Trollwood Performing Arts School is excited to welcome students back to the stage with a full array of 2021 summer performing arts educational opportunities. 2020 was a difficult year for those who are passionate about performing arts. Many classes and performances were canceled due to COVID-19. Upcoming summer arts programming will help students rekindle their affection for the arts, boost their creativity, and pave the way for their future, whether they aspire to pursue a career in the arts or any other professional opportunities. Click this link to register. Click this link to view the full programming brochure. If you have questions please contact Amy Norstedt at 446-1011