Unit 2 Review
Unit 2 Lesson 1: What is a Quadratic Function?
- A quadratic function has a degree of 2, which means that the largest exponent in the equation is always 2.
- The graph of a quadratic function is a u-shaped curve called a parabola.
- Parabolas are symmetrical, which means you can fold them in half and each side will match up perfectly.
- Parabolas can open up or down.
Axis of Symmetry
Unit 2 Lesson 1: Solving Quadratic Functions
Solve by Factoring a Difference of Squares
Solve by Factoring Trinomials
Solve by Graphing
Unit 2 Lesson 2: Comparing Quadratic Functions
- Find the vertex of each function.
- Compare the y-coordinates.
- Use your calculator to help when necessary.
- Click here to watch a video to review!