ISA, February, 2021
Another wonderful thing we can all do is to take just a few minutes to check in on a friend. Try to avoid a text or email and instead make it a phone or video call or even an outdoor, socially distanced in-person visit. Those few minutes out of our day spent thinking about and caring for someone else could make a huge impact on another person. Plus, when we intentionally think about someone other than ourselves and do something to help or care for another, we actually improve our own psychological well-being! Talk about a win win! Check out this article if you would like to read more about how we help ourselves by helping others.
As always, thank you for taking the time to read our newsletter, and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or requests for assistance.
ISA Counseling Department
Stacey Feldman (9th and 10th graders, email@example.com, 210-356-0925)
Kristle Miller (11th and 12th graders, firstname.lastname@example.org, 210-356-0940)
Counseling Support and TCHATT Teletherapy
Course Selection for 2021-2022
Mrs. Miller also sent out an email to the families of Rising 11th and 12th graders so please be sure to look for that.
Course selection presentation is available via this link.
Rising 10th and 11th Course Card - paper version
Rising 12th Course Card - paper version
Rising 10th Google form - to submit course requests
Rising 11th Google form - to submit course requests
Rising 12th Google form - to submit course requests
If your student missed the presentation in their class, they can find a video below walking them through how to fill out the Google form:
The deadline to submit course requests is Friday, February 19, 2021! Any changes to course requests after that date must go through your child's counselor and be submitted by the last day of school.
AP Exams and Dual Credit
- Deadline to pay for exams is Friday, February 19th! Payment will not be accepted after this date.
- Online payment is preferred. Please refer to this link for instructions.
- In-person payments are accepted in the LEE Career Center before school from 8:30-9:30 and after school from 3:30-4:15.
- AP exam questions should be directed to our CCMR Counselor, Mrs. Carin Schramm, at email@example.com or 210-356-0939.
Dual Credit Courses/Applications
- If your student is interested in taking Dual Credit courses or applying to one of the Alamo Academies, please join the Dual Credit Google Classroom here.
- You can find more information about Dual Credit on the Counselor's Corner website here.
- The deadline for Dual Credit Applications is March 5, 2021!
- Please contact Mrs. Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Free and Reduced Lunch Application - It's not too late!
Child Nutrition contact number for assistance: 210-356-9113
Email for assistance: email@example.com