Volume 5, Issue 2
Important Reminders before the First Day of School!
- Student drop off begins at 7:05 each morning. The building does not open until that time. Please do not drop your student off prior to 7:05 as they will be unsupervised.
- Dismissal begins at 2:20. The car rider line is generally completed by 2:45 each day and all students are expected to be picked up by that time.
- Lunch-We know that many of you are excited to join your child at lunch. However, lunch is a very important part of your child's day as it allows students to be social and make new friends. We do ask that unless you are celebrating a birthday with your child, please do not come to have lunch during the first 2 weeks of school. Thank you for helping your child develop healthy social habits and make new friends!
- Kindergarten Independence Day is Thursday, August 22nd . This is the day that all Kindergarten students are expected to walk into the building and to their class on their own. There will be numerous school employees in the hallway to assist students to the classrooms. We promise your children will make it to the right place. :-)
- Please make sure your child knows how he/she is getting home Monday. Often parents change transportation for the first day of school and we just want to ensure that all of the children are aware of their transportation arrangements.
We are FAMILY! Let's make sure we act like it!
At FMES we pride ourselves on taking a family/collaborative approach to educating children. Our teachers plan together to target the needs of students because we believe " they are ALL OUR students". We work collaboratively with Support Staff, Related Arts teachers, Special Services providers and parents to ensure that the academic, social and emotional needs of students are being met. However as with all families, we know that sometimes everyone may not see eye to eye. Should you ever have concerns regarding your child, I strongly encourage you to contact the teacher to discuss. Please do not go to your neighbors, friends or social media to air your grievances or address something that the teacher or staff member has not had an opportunity to discuss directly with you. We teach our students that everyone has a voice and that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, even if you disagree with them. This is the same behavior that we expect from our parents when dealing with a concern. As principal, my blanket statement is and will always be, the doors of FMES are open and we want to hear from you. Don't hesitate to communicate with us. We are family, we are a team and the only way we will be successful and the children will receive the education they deserve is if we work TOGETHER. :-)
Take a moment to watch our Welcome Back video! *Please note that no adults were injured during the filming of the video even though they are doing some wacky things for your entertainment.* :-)
Our students have WINGS!
Welcome to our DBES/SFES Family Members!
This Week at FMES:
Tuesday: A GREAT day at FMES!
Wednesday: A GREAT day at FMES!
Thursday: Independence Day! Kindergarten students walk to class independently.
Friday: A GREAT day at FMES!
Have a Terrific Week!
Jocelyn R. Young, Principal
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook: @ Fort Mill Elementary PTO
Twitter: @ TEAMFMES