Smoking during pregancy
By Faith Jensen
The effects of smoking during pregnancy
Facts about smoking during pregnancy
1. Increases risk of sudden infant Death Syndrome
2. Can prevent you from getting pregnant in the first place
3. Premature birth rates are on the rise in the U.S. with more than half a million babies born prematurely every year.
4. A smoker is twice as likely to have a baby that weighs under 5.5 pounds
5. over 1,000 babies in the U.S. die each year because their mom smoked
Effects of Smoking While Pregnant: Dangers to Your Baby." WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2015.
"The Effects of Smoking on Pregnancy and Childbirth." Healthline. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Mar. 2015.
"Smoking During Pregnancy - American Pregnancy Association." American Pregnancy Association. N.p., 26 Apr. 2012. Web. 16 Mar. 2015.