Are you a mess from stress?
What do you think of when you think about stress?
Stress can be good or bad. For example, financial stress is a bad stressor. An example of a good stressor would be the stress of falling in love. It's stressful, but it is worth it. First thing you have to do is know the source and where your stress is coming from. There are many benefits of being stressed such as making you more motivated and it also means you care about something or you wouldn't be stressing about it. There are negatives that come along with it. The negatives can be health problems, anxiety issues, and the stress taking over your life. Find your stress!
- Acting out
Prevent your stress
- Primary prevention- keeping a positive attitude, staying on top of things before they get out of hand
- Secondary prevention- testing for anxiety problems, learning disabilities, and your basic health screenings can make your life a little less stressful
- Tertiary prevention- group therapies, talking with friends/family
- write about your feelings
- talk it out with friends or family
- do something that makes you happy
- listen to music