ST. CROIX CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
September 24, 2018
STUDENTS FIRST - PROFESSIONALISM - FAMILY
Top 10 by 2020
- Academic Achievement
- Student Climate
- Adult Culture
Together we can achieve anything.
Homework and Assessment Guidelines for the Week
Given the amount of time students spend preparing for and participating in homecoming events, attending athletic events, and skit night...
- I'm asking all teaching staff to do everything they can to avoid assigning homework and projects this week.
- Also, please avoid giving assessments this week. If you must assign an assessment, please be thoughtful of the students' schedule this week.
Let's strike a great balance and have a GREAT HOMECOMING '18
Shoutouts & Celebrations
thank you for your outstanding effort, kindness, excellence, and selflessness,
- Dani Wollberg Positive parent contact email for one of our at-risk students (saw it in EduClimber!). This student has had a significantly traumatic past, and emails like this promote his health and growth. Thank you!
- Carolyn Lent (recognized twice) She created an 80's playlist and played it during the morning meet & greet. Really started the day off well for all of us! AND Cranked the tunes before school while greeting students.
- Math Department Subbing for me (Kimbo) during their preps this girls golf season and allowing my classes to not miss a beat even though I've been gone! Much appreciated!
- Amanda Olson Over the summer she re-organized all the fiction books by genre and students are saying positive things about it (easier to find a book).
- Bill Emery Dog Catcher/Dog Sitter - took care of the stray dog before school - it took a long time!
- Chad Konsela He made our smartboards work better than they have in years!
- Duane Jourdeans He developed a new informational text unit for 9th/10grade.
- New Teachers (recognized twice) They have been working hard putting a skit together for Homecoming. AND Thanks for your willingness to share ideas, have fun, be weird, work together, and be (most likely) out of your comfort zone.
- Jen Staidl (recognized twice) Jen tried something new, outside of her comfort zone, and rocked it! AND Jen is really helpful when we have questions about her students. She is also very willing to go above and beyond for them to find the resources that are helpful to them.
- John Tackmann Always organizes the teacher lip sync for homecoming.
- Jess Wolf (recognized twice) Homecoming preparation - outstanding. AND Great work tracking students who budge in the lunch line and hold them accountable for being disrespectful to staff and their peers.
You all ROCK!
Something to consider...
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Schedule for the Week
Morning Greeters This Week
CTE and Special Education Departments
Monday, September 24
All Day: Be Amazing
WIN PLC TIME: Social Studies, Health/PE
Tuesday, September 25
7:30 am - 8:00 am - BLT Meeting
WIN PLC TIME: Math
Wednesday, September 26
7:30 am - 8:00 am - PLC Time
WIN PLC TIME: ELA
Thursday, September 27
8:30 am - 10:00 am HSLT Meeting
WIN PLC TIME: Music, Science, SPED
Friday, September 28
7:30 am - 8:00 am PBIS Meeting
8:00 am - 10:00 am HLST Meeting
WIN PLC TIME: CTE
From the Main Office
LIFETOUCH PICTURE RETAKE DAY: October 16
JOSTEN’S VISIT: Tuesday, October 30th - Graduation Caps, Gowns, and Class Ring Informational Meeting
Seniors: 1:05-1:20 (start of 7th hour WIN)
Sophomores: 1:20-1:35 (end of 7th hour WIN)
JOSTEN’S ORDER DATE: Friday, November 2nd
Josten’s will take orders during lunch 11:30-1:00 in the Commons
From the Health Services Office
Oct. 5th, 10:15 - 11:15 Denver Garfield will be doing epi-pen and seizure first aid training. This training is for support staff only, due to the limited amount of time.
Oct.16th, 10:45-11:45 There will be a FLU Shot clinic will be held in the high school conference room.
(flu shots are available for staff, spouses, and children of staff)