Fat Free Epidemic
How is Anorexia Nervosa noticed?
There are a few ways to notice Anorexia Nervosa.
- Inadequate food consumption leads to a dramatic weight loss.
- The victim's self esteem is centered around his/her body. The patient has inability to understand severity of the situation.
- Victims complain about being obese when they really aren't. They also avoid family meals.
- Attitudes indicating weight loss, and dieting food controls are concerned.
- The patient withdraws from friends and family.
To Get Help
NEDA- National Eating Disorders Association.
Snooki from Jersey Shore Had Anorexia When She Was A Teen
That's right, Snooki, a "character" in the Jersey Shore Reality T.V. show, had once battled with Anorexia Nervosa. She started out only eating a salad one day, then she started to eat just a cracker a day, then she just went to eating a grape per a day. Snooki then just stopped eating all together, and started to become sick. She recalls her High School life as a "Dark Period" of her life, and does not favor to recall.