Anson Jones Team Meeting
What is Jadyn Looking For?!
The Infamous THREE THINGS
- Clear age-appropriate instructions, open-ended questions, ORIGINAL works of art
- Predetermined lesson plan (with BACKUP plan), and scaffolded lessons
- Upload to: https://goo.gl/yGlIfq
- Fun, SAFE, controlled environment where people can HEAR each other, use supplies
The Infamous 6 Ds
- Climate - environment is well organized to promote focused and excellent work.
- Enagement & Investment - assignments & activities sometimes support students in initiating, contributing, & asking questions. Students may take on roles as teachers/mentors/models.
- Sharing, Dialogue, Collaboration - There are opportunities for students' work, performances, ideas, and questions to fuel practice & learning.
- Skills, Techniques, Knowledge - Students learn the fundamentals for their level and have opps to apply skills & techniques, even as beginners, that challenge them to express, invent, and think critically.
- Creative Strategies & Choices - Students have some opps to generate original work or interpretations of skills & techniques in the lesson focus.
- Expectations are high for both process & product. Assessments are designed to help students focus on a combination of skills, expression, & invention. Students may take an active role in assessing and revising their own and others' work.
- 2 official for the semester
- Many more unofficial
- I will be communicating with you frequently...please listen, I am here to help.
- The "people above" are taking the observations seriously, especially the "three things"
- This is about giving the kids a better chance at life, not catching you in the act.
- N/O means Not Observed and is not necessarily bad. (I'll let you know if it is)
- If I don't have anything nice to say (or a lot of nice things)...I will still give you the paper copy and discuss with you, but I won't submit it on Survey Monkey. This week ;)
So what would I like to focus on for next week?
- Procedures, Rules, Consequences (in that order) - I'd like to see evidence that you are working on these things consistently. If students aren't following them, STOP and re-teach.
- The Three Things
- Reading Aloud to the Kids