Middle School Friday Wrap Up
August 24, 2018
CDT Benchmark Information
CDT will be conducted in homeroom with the homeroom teacher for half the a day to ensure we get participation from all students. The afternoon will then have a shortened class schedule. One half day during the window will be ELA test and one half day will be math.
Colleen will have all information coming the first week of school about CDT test sessions and all students will be uploaded that first week of school.
1st Benchmark Dates & Schedule:
September 12 in the AM (ELA) Homeroom: 8:30 - 12:00
September 20 in the AM (Math) Homeroom 8:30 - 12:00
Make up sessions will be conducted during PLT during the month of September.
Guidance Counselor Student Caseloads:
Below is how guidance counselors are dividing students among grade levels and/or alphabet.
Amy Shehan- all 6th grade students
Fallon Nicholas- 7th & 8th grade students with last name A-K
Lauren Stenson- 7th & 8th grade students with last name L-Z
Technology Question: What is the difference between Class Link and One Drive?
One Drive is a Microsoft product very similiar to Google Drive and is a place to backup and store documents, videos, photos, and more.
Lesson Plan Guidelines for General Ed and Specialists:
- Submit PowerPoint lesson one day before lesson is taught so Instructional Coach, Assistant Principal, or Principal observing can review prior to observation/walk-through.
- Folder will be set up for each grade level and team to submit PowerPoint. The link will be provided to everyone.
- PowerPoint should include all details of the lesson including objectives, opening, direct instruction, student practice, closure, demonstration of learning (either within the PowerPoint itself or within the notes section).
- If you are co-teaching please indicate how you are co-teaching within the notes section.
- If we have any questions, we will talk with you directly about the lesson.
****Special education teachers should continue to follow the directions of their special education directors for how to complete lesson plans and when and where to submit.*****
Things to do & reminders....
- Bring written SMART Goal to F2F PD
- Email SMART Goal after F2F PD
- F2F PD August 29 & 30
- No School August 31 & September 3
- First Day of School - September 4
Until the electronic system is started, please continue to use the paper format to request off.
If you have any questions about payroll, please use the below email to contact payroll.