Second Grade Rock Stars
Our Highlights: What We've Been Rockin' At!
We have a new student! We are thrilled to have James Martinez join our class! (James is replacing Isabella Orozco who moved last week.)
We have been hard at work learning about snakes. Did you know that a snake sheds all at once? Even over it's eyes! It goes blind for the few days that it sheds (they are usually underground in a burrow though, so they are usually safe from predators at that time.)
We have also been working hard on money and our math word problems and are working on really showing our work on word problems (and regular problems too.) We have been using a rubric to use evaluate our thinking (I have attached a picture of the rubric below- feel free to use it at home too!) Our goal is to be exemplar!
This class is full of kind and considerate students! I look forward to focusing on Bucket Filling this next week and seeing how the students take it beyond just giving compliments!
Money, Money, Money!
Rockin' and Rollin' into Next Week!
Reading: Dictionary Skills, Informational Text
Writing: Using Sensory Writing to draw in a reader and Word Choice (showing not telling)
Grammar: Adjectives, Verbs
Conventions: Commas, Apostrophes
Social Studies: Events That Make a Difference
Science: Color blends
Life Trait: Courtesy and Kindness
Next on tour: Upcoming Events
- 10/7-10/11- No School!
- 10/14- Picture Day! (Wear Uniforms)
- 10/14- WAVE Meeting 6:30pm (Del Paso Campus)
- 10/16- Walk to School Event
- 10/17- WCS Board Meeting 6:30pm (Del Paso Campus)
- 10/18- BOO Away Drugs Spirit Day (Wear Red Today!)
- 10/19- Fall Festival! 2pm-6pm (Del Paso Campus)
- 10/21-10/25- Red Ribbon Week
- 10/24- WCMS Chili Cook-Off (Pebblewood Campus)
- 11/5- Olympic Triathlon
“Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
Question of the Week
* A winner will be picked each day next week (except for Wednesday)....so make sure to bring the answer to school on Monday to add to the white bucket to be drawn! *